Get a deeper understanding of Azure Data Platform, Analytics and Internet of Things (IoT) in this Azure Academy programme. Firebrand has been working with Microsoft and partners to bring together three deep-dive Azure courses, which include more than 80% in-depth technical content not found in Microsoft Official Curriculum.
During the four days you'll be immersed in Azure, covering all current Data and Analytics components as well as taking a detailed look at Redis Cache and Azure Search. The course will focus on a core set of Azure features, so you have the time to learn the detail you need:
- Implementing Azure SQL Database
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Azure Redis Cache
- Azure Search
- Azure Data Factory Service
- Azure Data Lake Store
- Azure Data Catalog
- Azure HDInsight
- Azure Machine Learning
- Azure BizTalk Service
Click the Curriculum tab to see a detailed break-down of the modules included. The other two Azure Academy deep-dive programmes are Azure Infrastructure and Networking and Azure Cloud Application Development.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Six reasons why you should sit your Azure Data Platform course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be Azure Data Platform trained in just 4 days.
- Our Azure Data Platform course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- You’ll learn more Azure Data Platform. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Azure Data Platform faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Azure Data Platform with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74729 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Azure Data Platform courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a certification guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation and exams on your return). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Module 1 Implementing Azure SQL Database
- Introduction to Relational Data in the Windows Azure Platform:
In this topic you will learn the options for Relational Data in Windows Azure and learn the strengths about each model, looking at the differences between the benefits of VMs that host databases in Azure and Azure SQL Databases.
- Deploying an Azure SQL Database:
In this topic you will learn the performance tiers available for Azure SQL Databases and Provision and Connect to an Azure SQL Database.
- Managing an Azure SQL Database:
In this topic you will learn about the security model in Azure SQL Database, how to manage firewall rules, logins, users, roles and permissions. You will also learn about the tools you can use to manage and restore a database to a previous point in time.
- Migrating an On-Premises Database to Azure SQL Database:
In this topic you will learn the Azure SQL Database compatibility options and evaluate the migration options for moving an on-premises database to Azure SQL Database.
Module 2 Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Advantages of Azure SQL Data Warehouse:
In this topic you will learn the features of an Azure SQL Data Warehouse, understand the resource types and how they scale and their associated costs, the security and availability features, how to query unstructured data with PolyBase and find out what is possible in the hybrid cloud environment.
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse Database:
In this topic you will learn how to implement an Azure SQL Data Warehouse database. As part of the process, you must also create a logical server for the database. To be able to connect to the database, you must configure the firewall settings of the server to allow the IP address of your computer
- Developing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse:
In this topic you will learn how to manage concurrency and memory allocation, types of data distribution, understand how to apply temporary tables and apply user defined schemas to organize your data.
- Migrating to an Azure SQL Data Warehouse:
In this topic, you will learn how to use the Microsoft Data Warehouse Migration Utility to migrate data. You will also see the table features and data types that are not supported in Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and learn how to check if a database contains any of these features.
- Copying Data with the Azure Data Factory:
In this topic you will be introduced to the Azure Data Factory and how you can use it to set up a scheduled activity to copy data from one table to another. You will see that the activities can reference data that is on-premises or in the cloud.
Module 3 DocumentDB
- Introduction to DocumentDB:
In this topic you will learn what DocumentDB is and what value it provides to modern applications. You will also see how data is managed and how you can access it.
- Creating a DocumentDB Database:
In this topic you will learn how to create a DocumentDB database using the Azure Portal, Azure Resource Manager templates or Azure command-line interface (CLI). You will also learn how to import, model, query, sort, and partition your data, customize indexes, choose a consistency level, and secure access to data.
- Advanced DocumentDB:
In this topic you will learn how to manage and monitor an account, manage performance levels, capacity and resource limits and requests.
- DocumentDB and Other Services:
In this topic you will learn how about common use cases for DocumentDB, deploying a website with DocumentDB, analysing data with Hadoop, integrating with Azure Search, and supporting multi-tenancy.
Module 4 Azure Redis Cache
- Introduction to Azure Redis Cache:
In this topic you will learn what Azure Redis Cache is and its key features and target scenarios.
- Planning and Choosing a Cache Tier:
In this topic you will learn the Redis Cache Tiers, performance benefits, Redis persistence using the RDB model, security and network isolation
- Configure and Manage the Cache:
In this topic you will learn how to automate creating and managing of Azure Redis Cache using PowerShell, Azure Command-Line Interface (CLI), monitoring and troubleshooting in the portal
- How to use Azure Redis Cache:
In this topic you will learn how to use Azure Redis Cache using .NET. ASP.NET, Node.js, Java and Python
Module 5 Azure Search
- Introduction to Azure Search:
In this topic you will learn what Azure Search is and its key features and target scenarios.
- Managing and Scaling your Search Service:
In this topic you will learn how to use the Azure Portal to manage and scale Azure Search and manage and configure API access.
- Implementing Search Features, Such As Suggestions, Faceting, Hit Highlighting and Filtering:
In this topic you will learn how to extend your data by enabling Full-Text Search, use the search features of Azure Search to improve user experience and navigation, and use the .NET SDK to leverage search features.
- Tuning and Scoring your Search Index to Improve the User Search Experience:
In this topic you will learn what is search index tuning and why it is important, different type of scoring function and integrating scoring into an Azure Search index.
- Adding Geospatial Search to your Search Application:
In this topic you will learn what is Geospatial Search, the types of spatial queries and how to add Geospatial search to your applications.
Module 6 Azure Data Factory Service
- Introduction to Data Factory Concepts:
In this topic you will learn what Azure Data Factory is and its key concepts.
- Data Factory Operations:
In this topic you will learn how to create datasets, understand data pipelines and activities to construct end-to-end data driven workflows, use the scheduling and execution aspects of Azure Data Factory application model, move data between stores.
- Transform and Analyze Azure Data Factory:
In this topic you will learn about data transformation activities in Azure Data Factory and how ADF transforms and processes raw data into predictions and insights using Hadoop, Azure Machine Learning, Stored Procedures, and Azure Data Lake Analytics.
Module 7 Azure Data Lake Store
- Introduction to Data Lake Store:
In this topic you will learn what Azure Data Lake Store is and its key concepts and capabilities making it easy for developers, data scientists and analysts to store data of any size, shape and speed, and do all types of processing and analytics across platforms and languages.
- Create an Azure Data Lake Store:
In this topic you will learn how to create an Azure Data Lake Store using the Azure Portal, PowerShell, .NET SDK, Java SDK, Visual Studio, and the Command-Line Interface (CLI), and how to enable diagnostic logs.
- Data Lake Store Security:
In this topic you will learn how Azure Data Lake Store provides industry-standard availability and reliability, redundant copies of data to guard against unexpected failures, Azure Active Directory for authentication and access control lists to manage access to data.
- Data Lake Store and Other Services:
In this topic you will learn how about common use cases for Azure Data Lake Store such as Hadoop clusters, Data Lake Analytics, Stream Analytics, Data Catalog and Power BI.
Module 8 Azure Data Catalog
- Introduction to Azure Data Catalog:
In this topic you will learn what Azure Data Catalog is and how users can discover the data sources they need enabling Analysts, Data Scientists and Developers to discover, understand and consume data sources.
- How to create an Azure Data Catalog:
In this topic you will learn the how to provision and setup an Azure Data Catalog, Register Data Assets, Manage Data Assets configuring security, Annotating Data Assets and Removing Data Assets.
- Discover and Manage Data Sources:
In this topic you will learn how to use the Azure Data Catalog portal to discover data assets and connect to data assets using client tools such as Excel, SQL Server Data Tools and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Azure Data Catalog and Big Data:
In this topic you will learn how Azure Data Catalog supports the registration of Azure Blob Storage blobs and directories, and Hadoop HDFS files and directories.
Module 9 Azure HDInsight
- Introduction to Big Data:
In this topic you will be introduced to Big Data and some of the most common technologies that are used to build Big Data Solutions
- Microsoft Azure HDInsight:
In this topic you will learn how to use Microsoft Azure HDInsight to process Big Data and consume the results in Microsoft Excel.
- Managing HDInsight by using Microsoft Azure PowerShell:
In this topic you will learn how to install and configure Microsoft Azure PowerShell, Manage files in HDFS and use PowerShell to run MapReduce jobs
- Processing Big Data by using Pig:
In this topic you will learn how to process data by using Pig and run Pig jobs in Windows PowerShell
- Processing Big Data by using Hive:
In this topic you will learn how to create Hive tables, load data into Hive tables, Query Hive tables, run Hive jobs in PowerShell, and use the Hive Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Driver to query Hive table from Microsoft Excel
- Automating Big Data Processing Tasks:
In this topic you will learn techniques for creating and automating robust Big Data processing solutions by using Microsoft Azure HDInsight.
- Integrating Microsoft Azure HDInsight with Enterprise Data:
In this topic you will learn various options for integrating Microsoft Azure HDInsight into an enterprise BI infrastructure for reporting and analysis
Module 10 Azure Machine Learning
- Introduction to Machine Learning and Azure ML Studio:
In this topic you will learn about Azure Machine Learning and its strengths, an exploring the Azure Machine Learning Studio.
- Create an Azure Machine Learning Workspace:
In this topic you will learn how to use Storage Accounts and create an Azure Machine Learning Workspace
- Designing a Predictive Analytics Solution with Azure ML:
In this topic you will learn how to define the problem you want to solve, create an experiment adding transformation and filters, save and run the model, publish and use the model.
Module 11 Azure BizTalk Service
- Introduction to Azure BizTalk Services:
In this topic you will learn about Azure BizTalk Services and the supporting tools to build solutions to connect services and systems with disparate data formats and protocols
- Create an Azure BizTalk Service:
In this topic you will learn how to create a BizTalk service in the Azure Portal and register the deployment
- Connect to an Azure BizTalk Service:
In this topic you will learn how to connect to an on-premises Line-of-Business system
- Manage and Monitor an Azure BizTalk Service:
In this topic you will learn how to monitor health of a BizTalk Service, including performance metrics, manage artefacts and track messages, and create a backup plan
See What's Included...
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on 024-8457770.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
It is recommended that you have already gained the Microsoft MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect certification, or have the equivalent knowledge.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on 024-8457770 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
Microsoft Azure Data Platform Course Dates
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74729 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"The knowledge and professionalism of the instructor, supporting and replaying all our question is really amazing.
The Ruwenberg hotel is really nice and the service on the hotel fantastic.
Overall, I''ve had a fantastic experience."
David Alonso. (9/4/2018 to 11/4/2018)
"Good environment for a training, professional people."
Anonymous (9/4/2018 to 11/4/2018)
"A 9 day sprint through all things Azure with a focus on getting through the MSCE exams for architecting and developing cloud solutions. The long days paid off. Comfortable accommodation with knowledgeable and attentive staff."
Graham Morgan, Spatial Consultants Ltd. (10/7/2017 to 18/7/2017)
"We had Phil Anderson, a very nice and intelligent man.
He had to put through a lot of information. I did not take the exam at the end of the week, because I am a person who needs more time to process information. The course was structured and well done by Phil. I would recommend him as a trainer. Teacher gets a 9. The facilities of the training were good. Everything was prepared before the training, so it had an easy start.
Danny van Oijen, Havenziekenhuis. (13/3/2017 to 18/3/2017)
"Intense study with a great instructor and awesome co-students."
Martin Petersen, Silvaco A/S. (25/1/2016 to 30/1/2016)
Latest Reviews from our students