On this accelerated 5-day Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations course, you'll learn basic technical and developmental skills to customise Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations.
You'll leave us with an expertise covering the full breadth of knowledge required for developing and deploying Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. You'll master skills including how to:
- Manage development with Microsoft Visual Studio and Lifecycle Services (LCS)
- Manipulate data and manage exceptions with X++
- Manage the user interface and navigation
- Modify and deploy retail modifications
Using our unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, your Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) will immerse you in the curriculum. This technique, which combines both theoretical and practical tasks, will accelerate your learning as well as provide you with the hands-on experience you'll need to apply your skills to the real-world.
You'll prepare for and sit exam MB6-894: Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations at the Firebrand Training Centre. Don't pass the first time? Don't worry - you'll be covered by our Certification Guarantee.
If you're a technical consultant, programmer or IT professional tasked with customising Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail for your business, this course is ideal for you.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations certified in just 5 days. With us, you’ll be Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations trained in record time
- Our Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74634 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a certification guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation and exams on your return). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Understand the architecture and development environment
Describe the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations architecture
- Describe the development environment
- Describe the components in the application stack
- Identify cloud architecture components
- Explain the server architecture
- Describe the layer architecture
Describe the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail architecture
- Identify components of the retail solutions and their purpose
- Describe differences and uses for the Retail Server and the Retail Store Scale Unit (RSSU)
- Describe hardware components
- Describe and create components for the Modern Point of Sale (MPOS) and the Cloud Point of Sale (Cloud POS)
Manage development with Microsoft Visual Studio and Lifecycle Services (LCS)
- Identify the windows and basic navigation of Visual Studio
- Describe differences between and uses for projects, models, solutions, and packages
- Describe and perform the build process
- Describe the features of LCS
- Use LCS to deploy hotfixes, manage assets, and complete the build process
Develop new elements by using Application Explorer
Create and manage labels and resources
- Create new label files
- Create and use labels
- Describe elements and uses for labels
- Identify best practices for labels
- Identify uses for resources
Create and manage data types
- Describe uses for base enumerations
- Create new base enumerations
- Identify best practices for base enumerations
- Describe primitive and extended data types
- Create new extended data types
- Identify key properties for extended data types
- Implement best practices for extended data types
Create and manage tables
- Identify the components of a table
- Describe various types of table relationships
- Describe various types of table indexes
- Implement best practices for tables, relationships, and indexes
Read and Write Basic X++
Describe the X++ environment
- Identify the characteristics of X++
- Use the code editor to write X++
- Describe the features of IntelliSense
- Identify basic syntax for X++
- Describe the use of common key words in X++
- Describe the features of the debugger
- Use the comparison tool
- Use the best practice checker
Work with X++ control statements
- Work with variables, operators, conditional statements, and loops
- Use built-in functions
- Use communication tools
Work with classes
- Create new classes
- Describe scoping events and parameters
- Describe inheritance
- Identify key best practices when writing X++
Manipulate data with X++
- Identify techniques for data retrieval
- Explain uses for transaction integrity checking
- Insert, update, and delete records using X++
- Identify best practices for manipulating data with X++
Manage exceptions in X++
- Identify exception types
- Use try/catch statements
- Describe the features of optimistic concurrency control
- Describe best practices for exception handling with X++
Manage the User Interface and Security for Developers
Manage the user interface
- Identify components of various form patterns
- Identify common form patterns and sub patterns
- Identify key properties for form elements
- Apply and validate form patterns
- Describe uses for tiles
- Describe how to join data in forms
- Implement best practices for form development
Manage the user navigation
- Identify types of menu items
- Create menu items and menus
- Identify key properties for menu items
- Describe uses for menu items
- Implement best practices for menus and menu items
Manage security in the development environment
- Describe the security architecture
- Describe the components of role-based security
- Create new privileges, duties, and roles in the application explorer
- Describe the extensible data security framework
Develop and extend retail components
Modify retail components
- Describe the components of the Commerce Runtime (CRT) and how to extend the CRT
- Describe the components of the Commerce Data Exchange (CDX) and how to extend the CDX
- Identify components of the retail architecture that can be extended
- Describe how to extend various components of the retail architecture.
Deploy retail modifications
- Describe how to package and deploy retail modifications into a source environment
- Review and apply retail hot fixes
- Create and deploy packages for retail
- Resolve conflicts and rebuild packages
Monitor retail components
- Identify, use and extend diagnostics and monitoring tools for retail components
- Identify, setup, and monitor data distribution and offline databases
- Understand hot, warm, and cold paths for diagnostics and monitoring
- Use events logs, and LCS to monitor and diagnose issues with retail components
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam during the course at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
Exam MB6-894: Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Understand the architecture and development environment (20-25%)
- Develop new elements by using Application Explorer (20-25%)
- Read and Write Basic X++ (20-25%)
- Manage the User Interface and Security for Developers (20-25%)
- Develop and extend retail components (15-20%)
See What's Included...
Included in this course:
- Firebrand custom courseware
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on +32 (0)2 234 77 05.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Before attending this course, you must have experience working with Visual Studio, and object-oriented programming. You should also have:
A basic understanding of:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail
A moderate understanding of:
- Programming concepts and processes
- Finance and Operations and Retail modifications, enhancements, and new development projects that apply to the different business process scenarios
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on +32 (0)2 234 77 05 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Course Dates
Microsoft - Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74634 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"The knowledge and professionalism of the instructor, supporting and replaying all our question is really amazing.
The Ruwenberg hotel is really nice and the service on the hotel fantastic.
Overall, I''ve had a fantastic experience."
David Alonso. (9/4/2018 to 11/4/2018)
"Good environment for a training, professional people."
Anonymous (9/4/2018 to 11/4/2018)
"A 9 day sprint through all things Azure with a focus on getting through the MSCE exams for architecting and developing cloud solutions. The long days paid off. Comfortable accommodation with knowledgeable and attentive staff."
Graham Morgan, Spatial Consultants Ltd. (10/7/2017 to 18/7/2017)
"We had Phil Anderson, a very nice and intelligent man.
He had to put through a lot of information. I did not take the exam at the end of the week, because I am a person who needs more time to process information. The course was structured and well done by Phil. I would recommend him as a trainer. Teacher gets a 9. The facilities of the training were good. Everything was prepared before the training, so it had an easy start.
Danny van Oijen, Havenziekenhuis. (13/3/2017 to 18/3/2017)
"Intense study with a great instructor and awesome co-students."
Martin Petersen, Silvaco A/S. (25/1/2016 to 30/1/2016)
Latest Reviews from our students