Help your business maximise the value of IT, through COBIT 5 training and certification. Learn about the latest governance and management techniques, and the analytical tools and models that increase trust in your IT service. This accelerated training includes both the COBIT 5 Foundation course and Implementation course.
COBIT 5 will ensure that your business:
- Maintains high-quality information, to support business decisions
- Achieves strategic goals through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Achieves operational excellence through reliable, efficient technology
- Maintains an acceptable level of IT-related risk
- Optimises the cost of IT services and technology
- Supports compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies.
COBIT 5 combines major frameworks, standards and resources, including:
- ISACA’s Val IT and Risk IT
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Related standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Firebrand is a premier ISACA partner for EMEA and the US. No other partner in these regions trains more students.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be COBIT 5 certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be COBIT 5 trained in record time
- Our COBIT 5 course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass COBIT 5 first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn COBIT 5 faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying COBIT 5 with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 72,589 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a certification guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation and exams on your return). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
COBIT 5 Foundation
- How IT management issues affect organisations
- The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT meets requirements of an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The functions and benefits of COBIT
- The COBIT Framework and all its components
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
COBIT 5 Implementation
- How to effectively analyse enterprise drivers
- Implementation challenges, their root causes and success factors
- Assessing current process capability
- How to scope and plan improvements
- How avoid potential implementation pitfalls by leveraging good practices
The Five Principles and Seven Enablers
The COBIT5 framework is based on Five Principles and Seven Enablers. The course curriculum has been aligned to these:
The Five Principles
- Principle 1: Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Principle 2: Covering the Enterprise End-to- End
- Principle 3: Applying a Single, Integrated Framework
- Principle 4: Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Principle 5: Separating Governance From Management
The Seven Enablers
- Principles, policies and frameworks
The vehicle to translate the desired behaviour into practical guidance for day-to-day management
An organized set of practices and activities to achieve certain objectives and produce a set of outputs in support of achieving overall IT-related goals
- Organizational structures
The key decision-making entities in an enterprise
- Culture, ethics and behaviour
The culture, ethics and behaviour of individuals and of the enterprise are very often underestimated as a success factor in governance and management activities
Required for keeping the organization running and well governed, but at the operational level, information is very often the key product of the enterprise itself
- Services, infrastructure and applications
Includes the infrastructure, technology and applications that provide the enterprise with information technology processing and services
- People, skills and competencies
Required for successful completion of all activities, and for making correct decisions and taking corrective actions
See Exam Track...
To earn your COBIT5 Foundation and Implementer certifications, you must pass the following exams. Both are included on the course:
COBIT 5 Foundation
- 50 multiple choice questions, 50% required for a pass
- 40-minute duration
- Closed book
COBIT 5 Implementation
- Four questions per paper, 50% required for a pass
- 2.5 hours' duration
- Open book (‘COBIT 5 Implementation’ book only)
See What's included...
- Official ISACA - COBIT 5: Implementation Manual
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on +32 (0)2 234 77 05.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment. You can choose to download the courseware to your own device, or borrow one of ours.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
It's recommended that you have an understanding of IT governance or IT management in an enterprise.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on +32 (0)2 234 77 05 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
ISACA COBIT 5 Course Dates
ISACA - COBIT 5 Foundation and Implementation
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 72,589 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.77% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Have done all my training here for past 8 years. That says it all!"
Andrew Watson, Cyberworx. (21/11/2016 to 23/11/2016)
"Excellent training. Fits to my schedule and my way of learning perfectly. Packed but efficient."
Jouko Raatikainen , Jouko Raatikainen. (26/10/2015 to 28/10/2015)
"Really nice experience. Im a better person now."
Jukka Lehtinen . (26/10/2015 to 28/10/2015)
"My course was executed to plan.
Mads Skydt , Mentor-IT. (26/10/2015 to 28/10/2015)
"Great accelerated learning that actually works."
Anonymous (7/10/2015 to 9/10/2015)
Latest Reviews from our students