On this accelerated Google Professional Cloud Architect course, you’ll learn how to design and secure scalable solutions to enhance your business. You’ll also learn how best to enable organisations to utilise Google Cloud technologies.
In just 4 days, you’ll learn how to:
- Advise development and operation teams to deliver effective cloud architecture
- Design for security and compliance – including legal
- Configure network topologies and individual storage systems
This accelerated course is designed for senior-level professionals. If you’re interested in developing your skill-set and knowledge in Google Cloud technologies, this course is ideal for you.
Train at twice the speed using Firebrand’s unique Lecture | Lab | Review methodology. This course is 40% faster than traditional training.
Sit your exam at the end of the course and return to the office a Google Professional Cloud Architect.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 4 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74634 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a certification guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation and exams on your return). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Module 1: Designing and planning a cloud solution architecture
- 1a. Designing a solution infrastructure that meets technical requirements:
- Business use cases and product strategy
- Cost optimisation
- Supporting the application design
- Movement of data
- Build, buy or modify
- Success measurements (e.g., Key Performance Indicators (KPI), Return on Investment (ROI), metrics)
- Compliance and observability
- 1b. Designing a solution infrastructure that meets business requirements:
- Integration with on-premises/multi-cloud environments
- Cloud native networking (VPC, peering, firewalls, container networking)
- Identification of data processing pipeline
- Matching data characteristics to storage systems
- Data flow diagrams
- Storage system structure (e.g., Object, File, RDBMS, NoSQL, NewSQL)
- Mapping compute needs to platform products
- Integrating solution with existing systems
- Migrating systems and data to support the solution
- Licensing mapping
- Network and management planning
- Testing and proof-of-concept
- Cloud and technology improvements
- Business needs evolution
- Evangelism and advocacy
- High availability and failover design
- Elasticity of cloud resources
- Scalability to meet growth requirements
- 1c. Designing network, storage, and compute resources
- 1d. Creating a migration plan (i.e., documents and architectural diagrams)
- 1e. Envisioning future solution improvements
Module 2: Managing and provisioning solution Infrastructure
- 2a. Configuring network topologies:
- Extending to on-premise (hybrid networking)
- Extending to a multi-cloud environment which may include GCP to GCP communication
- Data protection
- 2b. Configuring individual storage systems:
- Data storage allocation
- Data processing/compute provisioning
- Security and access management
- Network configuration for data transfer and latency
- Data retention and data lifecycle management
- Data growth management
- 2c. Configuring compute systems:
- Compute system provisioning
- Compute volatility configuration (preemptible vs. standard)
- Network configuration for compute nodes
- Infrastructure provisioning technology configuration (e.g. Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Terraform)
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
Module 3: Designing for security and compliance
- 3a. Designing for security:
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Resource hierarchy (organizations, folders, projects)
- Data security (key management, encryption)
- Penetration testing
- Separation of Duties (SoD)
- Security controls
- Managing customer-supplied encryption keys with Cloud KMS
- 3b. Designing for legal compliance:
- Legislation (e.g., Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), etc.)
- Audits (including logs)
- Certification (e.g., Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework)
Module 4: Analysing and optimising technical and business processes
- 4a. Analysing and defining technical processes:
- Software Development Lifecycle Plan (SDLC)
- Continuous integration / continuous deployment
- Troubleshooting/post mortem analysis culture
- Testing and validation
- IT enterprise process (e.g. ITIL)
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- 4b. Analysing and defining business processes:
- Stakeholder management (e.g. Influencing and facilitation)
- Change management
- Team assessment/skills readiness
- Decision-making process
- Customer success management
- Cost optimisation / resource optimisation (Capex / Opex)
- 4c. Developing procedures to test resilience of solution in production (e.g., DiRT and Simian Army)
Module 5: Managing implementation
- 5a. Advising development/operation team(s) to ensure successful deployment of the solution:
- Application development
- API best practices
- Testing frameworks (load/unit/integration)
- Data and system migration tooling
- 5b. Interacting with Google Cloud using GCP SDK (gcloud, gsutil and bq):
- Local installation
- Google Cloud Shell
Module 6: Ensuring solution and operations reliability
- 6a. Monitoring/Logging/Alerting solution
- 6b. Deployment and release management
- 6c. Supporting operational troubleshooting
- 6d. Evaluating quality control measures
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Architect
- Exam format: Multiple choice/multiple select
- Duration: 2 hours
- 1. Design and plan a cloud solution architecture
- 2. Manage and provision the cloud solution infrastructure
- 3. Design for security and compliance
- 4. Analyse and optimise technical and business processes
- 5. Manage implementations of cloud architecture
- 6. Ensure solution and operations reliability
See What's Included...
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on +32 (0)2 234 77 05.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Before attending this accelerated course, you should have experience in:
- Enterprise cloud strategy, solution design and architectural best practices
- Software development methodologies and approaches - including multi-tiered distributed applications which span multi-cloud or hybrid environments
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on +32 (0)2 234 77 05 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
Google Course Dates
Google - Firebrand's training for Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Architect
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74634 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"A great learning experience."
Alan Crowdy, GNS . (5/12/2019 to 7/12/2019)
"Firebrand is providing me with a condensed training always fitting my tight timetable with a high success rate on the certification."
Anonymous (5/12/2019 to 7/12/2019)
"Good training. I have learned very much in a short time."
Frank Lute. (19/11/2018 to 21/11/2018)
"Great organisation and amazing trainer. I enjoyed it very much!"
Anonymous. (5/11/2018 to 10/11/2018)
"The trainer is a great instructor"
Anonymous. (5/11/2018 to 10/11/2018)
Latest Reviews from our students