Learn how to plan and implement end-to-end network security measures on the CCNP Security course. You'll also be able to reduce the risk to your IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and the router security appliance feature.
This certification proves your skills in the design, deployment, maintenance and management of enterprise wide network security. You'll prepare for and sit four exams at the Firebrand Training Centre. In order to pass, you'll learn about:
- Configuring and implementing security on Cisco network perimeter edge devices such as a Cisco switch, Cisco router, and Cisco ASA firewall.
- Various Virtual Private Network (VPN) systems that Cisco has available on the Cisco ASA firewall and Cisco IOS software platforms.
- The components and architecture of secure access, by utilising 802.1X and Cisco TrustSec.
- Advanced firewall architecture and configuration with the Cisco next-generation firewall, utilising access and identity policies.
CCNP Security is an evolution of the CCSP (Cisco Certified Security Professional) certification and is aligned specifically to the job role of the Cisco Network Security Engineer.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be CCNP Security certified in just 14 days. With us, you’ll be CCNP Security trained in record time
- Our CCNP Security course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass CCNP Security first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn CCNP Security faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying CCNP Security with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74696 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs)
You may be entitled to free training via Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs). If you’ve bought Cisco hardware or software - check the invoice to see if you have credits waiting to be used! If you’re unsure, get in touch with us.
The CCNP Security program is designed to provide the skills necessary to function as a network security engineer responsible for Security in Routers, Switches, Networking devices and appliances. Students will learn through a mix of lecture and practical exercises how to choose, deploy, support, and troubleshoot Firewalls, VPNs and IDS/IDP solutions for their networking environments. The course will comprise all the modules needed for the complete CCNP Security certification.
Your CCNP Security certification will prove that you can:
- Secure the network infrastructure using Cisco security products and integrated technologies
- Deploy perimeter security, VPNs, and intrusion protection technologies and solutions
- Monitor and detect relevant security events
- Manage network security to protect productivity gains and reduce costs
Cisco certifications also afford you special membership benefits:
- A certificate of accomplishment.
- A wallet card, logo and designation for your personal promotion to clients or potential employers.
- Access to the secure Cisco on-line tracking system so you can download logos, and track your Cisco certification progress throughout your career.
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a certification guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation and exams on your return). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions - SENSS:
- Understanding and implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec.
- Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls.
- Configuring Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls.
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection.
- Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters.
- Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW).
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy.
Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions - SIMOS:
- Describe the various VPN technologies and deployments as well as the cryptographic algorithms and protocols that provide VPN security.
- Implement and maintain Cisco site-to-site VPN solutions.
- Implement and maintain Cisco FlexVPN in point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, and spoke-to-spoke IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco clientless SSL VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco AnyConnect SSL and IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain endpoint security and dynamic access policies (DAP).
Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions - SISAS:
- Understand Cisco Identity Services Engine architecture and access control capabilities.
- Understand 802.1X architecture, implementation and operation.
- Understand commonly implemented Extensible Authentication Protocols (EAP).
- Implement Public-Key Infrastructure with ISE.
- Understand the implement Internal and External authentication databases.
- Implement MAC Authentication Bypass.
- Implement identity based authorization policies.
- Understand Cisco TrustSec features.
- Implement Web Authentication and Guest Access.
- Implement ISE Posture service.
- Implement ISE Profiling.
- Understand Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) with ISE.
- Troubleshoot ISE.
Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions - SITCS:
- Understand Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- Deploy Cisco Web Security appliance to mitigate malware
- Configure Web Security appliance for acceptable use controls
- Configure Cisco Cloud Web Security Connectors
- Describe Cisco Email Security Solution
- Configure Cisco Email Appliance Incoming and Outgoing Policies
- Describe IPS Threat Controls
- Configure and Implement Cisco IPS Sensor into a Network
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exams at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your certification guarantee:
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions - 300-206 SENSS
- Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions - 300-209 SIMOS
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions - 300-208 SISAS
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions - 300-210 SITCS
See What's Included...
Official Cisco courseware Included:
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS)
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS)
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on +32 (0)2 234 77 05.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
To attend this course, you must have
- Either a valid Cisco CCNA Security certification or any CCIE certification.
- Prior knowledge of GETVPN and EASYVPN
It's important that you also have extensive knowledge of the Cisco security product range before attending the CCNP Security course.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on +32 (0)2 234 77 05 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
Cisco CCNP Security Course Dates
Cisco - CCNP Security
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74696 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"I have attended many courses with Firebrand and always enjoy the quality of teaching!"
Anonymous (26/6/2017 to 9/7/2017)
"I have been on 2 courses at Firebrand, once in Sweden and once in England.
My overall impression is that the instructors hired are professional and good at teaching.
The accommodation is good and gives you the chance to isolate yourself to study."
G.N. (29/9/2014 to 12/10/2014)
"This is my third time training with Firebrand, Definitely coming back.
Great course, Great instructors"
Roy Kleiv, Nc-Spectrum AS. (20/1/2014 to 2/2/2014)
"Worth while if your main objective is to achieve the certification, but the training is very intensive."
Tom Gurney. (26/11/2012 to 6/12/2012)
"A well delivered training, recommended for anyone who can hack their pace."
Tom Gurney. (26/9/2011 to 6/10/2011)
Latest Reviews from our students