On your accelerated 5-day Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations course you'll gain the skills and knowledge to use, maintain, and support the finance and accounting processes in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
You'll experience our unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, immersing you in the curriculum and helping you to build and retain information faster.
Your Microsoft Certified Trainer will guide you through setting up and configuring core financial modules. You'll also learn to:
- Manage daily procedures for the core financial modules.
- Set up, configure, and use the Budgeting module.
- Manage periodic and closing procedures for the financial modules.
During your course, you'll prepare for and sit exam MB6-895. This exam is an elective requirement for achieving the MCSE: Business Applications.
This course is ideal if you're a Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations partner, such as solution architects, functional consultants, and project managers looking to support with the Finance and Operations application.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 5 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74655 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a Certification Guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Set up and configure the core financial modules
Define and configure the General ledger module.
- Define and create the chart of accounts and main accounts
- Set up and manage fiscal and ledger calendars
- Create and define financial dimensions and financial dimension sets
- Configure account structure
- Define the ledger for a legal entity
- Set up journals
- Define the General ledger parameters and accounts for automatic transactions
- Configure intercompany accounting
Explain and set up the Cash and bank management module.
- Explain bank transaction types and transaction groups
- Set up bank groups, create bank accounts
- Explain the Cash and bank management parameters
- Configure check layouts
Describe and design the Accounts receivable and Collections management modules.
- Describe customer posting profiles
- Set up customer payment information
- Create customers
- Define the Accounts receivable parameters
- Describe an organisational structure for centralised payments
- Set up and process collection letters
- Configure and calculate interest
- Process interest adjustments
- Set up customer pools and aging period definitions
Review and build the Accounts payable module.
- Define vendor posting profiles,
- Configure vendor payment information
- Explain invoice matching
- Create vendors
- Walkthrough the account payable parameters
- Review an organisational structure for centralised payments
Clarify and utilise the Tax module.
- Define ledger posting groups
- Create sales tax codes
- Establish sales and item tax groups
- Define sales tax authorities
- Explain withholding tax
- Review sales tax jurisdictions
Define basic fixed asset concepts, and complete setup for the Fixed assets module.
- Define depreciation methods and conventions
- Set up depreciation profiles and books
- Set up value models
- Define Fixed Asset parameters
- Create fixed assets
- Set up and assign bar codes to assets
- Lend fixed assets
Manage daily procedures for the core financial modules
Review and process transactions in the General ledger module.
- Create and post general journals
- Create voucher templates
- Process periodic journals
- Process period allocations
- Create and process accrual schemes
- Reverse a transaction
- Create reversing entries
- Use ledger accrual schemes in a journal
- Create and post intercompany journal entries
Analyse and walkthrough transactions in the Cash and bank management module.
- Create and delete checks
- Void a check and create payment reversals
- Create and cancel deposit slips
- Reconcile bank accounts
Assess and handle transactions in the Accounts receivable and Collections management modules.
- Create free text invoices
- Process prepayments
- Create payment journals
- Reverse settlements
- Reimburse a customer
- Perform sales order invoicing
- Review aged balances for customer
- Process customer account statements
- Create write-off transactions
- Process a non-sufficient funds cancellation
- Manage the status of customer transactions
- Use cases and activities to track collection actions
Define and create transactions in the Accounts payable module.
- Define and create different types of invoice journals
- Manage vendor invoices
- Perform invoice matching
- Process prepayments
- Create payment proposals
- Process payment journals
Explain and work with transactions in the Tax module.
- Revise sales tax prior to posting a transaction
- Post sales tax on prepayments
- Create transactions with conditional sales tax
Review and process fixed asset transactions.
- Define transaction types available
- Process acquisitions through journals
- Process depreciations
- Process disposals
- Process value adjustments
- Create purchase orders for fixed assets
- Acquire fixed assets from a purchase order
Set up, configure, and use the Budgeting module
Define basic budgeting concepts, and setup basic budgeting features.
- Define budget concepts
- Discuss different budget types
- Set up the different budget configurations
- Define the budget parameters
Configure and use budget control features.
- Set up the budget control configuration settings
- Define budget groups and budget control rules
- Enable budget control for source documents and journals
- Activate and turn on budget control
- View budget check results on transactions
Define and generate budget plans.
- Define budget planning configuration
- Create budget plans
- Process budget plans
- Modify budget plans in Excel
Create and process budget register entries.
- Create and process budget register entries
- Transfer budget balances
- Define budget allocations
- Update budget register entries in Excel
- Create budget register entries from budget plans
Manage periodic and closing procedures for the financial modules
Setup, configure, and run consolidations and eliminations.
- Set up and define a consolidation and elimination company
- Add consolidation information to main accounts
- Define and use consolidation groups
- Configure elimination rules
- Define the consolidation methods available
- Perform a consolidation
- Create and process eliminations
Configure and perform foreign currency revaluations.
- Define main account settings for foreign currency revaluation
- Define the types of foreign currency revaluations
- Perform foreign currency revaluations
Set up and run ledger allocations.
- Describe the various types of ledger allocation
- Create ledger allocations rules and basis
- Process ledger allocation requests
- Configure allocations terms for a main account
Construct and use the period close workspace.
- Describe uses for the period close workspace
- Configure the period close workspace
- Define a period close template
- Use the period close workspace
Set and run the fiscal year end closing processes.
- Define parameters for fiscal year end close
- Configure and run the fiscal year close process
- Describe and use the closing sheet
See Exam Track...
You will sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre during the course. This is covered by your Certification Guarantee:
Exam MB6-895: Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Technology - Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Credit toward - MCSE: Business Applications
You will be measured on your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks in exam MB6-895:
- Set up and configure the core financial modules. (25-30%)
- Manage daily procedures for the core financial modules. (25-30%)
- Set up, configure, and use the Budgeting module. (20-25%)
- Manage periodic and closing procedures for the financial modules. (20-25%)
See What's Included...
Included in this course:
- Firebrand custom courseware
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on +34 911 23 77 24.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Before attending this course, you should have an understanding of:
- Finance and accounting concepts and processes
- How Finance and Operations functionalities apply to various business processes.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on +34 911 23 77 24 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74655 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"The instructor iss really a skilled, with a wide knowledges of the subject."
F.F, Verdo. (11/2/2019 to 15/2/2019)
"Great instructors , friendly staff and most of all they teach you what you need to know."
Allan Hawley, Offshore Design Engineering Limited. (16/12/2019 to 21/12/2019)
"A very intensive week of class and exams. Long days, however, this style of learning it worth it to gain knowledge and qualification."
Lee Irving, Lee Irving IT LTD. (16/12/2019 to 21/12/2019)
"Excellent support team , great tutors and overall a fantastic experience with Firebrand."
Ashley Madden. (16/12/2019 to 21/12/2019)
"Its a tough week but its worth while."
Jan Sleeboom, OfficeKundig. (16/12/2019 to 21/12/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students