Firebrand's accelerated course is designed to prepare you for Scrum.org's Professional Scrum Master certification exam.
At the end of Firebrand's 2 day course you will sit Scrum.org's Professional Scrum Master exam.
By attaining the Professional Scrum Master certification, you'll demonstrate your ability to lead or support the software development process in your organisation.
You'll learn the Scrum basics, and how to use Scrum to optimise productivity and efficiency. Firebrand's course is very hands-on and you'll be involved in a lot of team-based exercises. The Professional Scrum Master certification is the first major update to the programme, since it was first created in 2002.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be Scrum Master certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be Scrum Master trained in record time
- Our Scrum Master course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Scrum Master first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Scrum Master faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Scrum Master with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
On this Firebrand course, you'll learn:
- Scrum basics
What's Scrum, and how it's evolved
- Scrum theory
Why Scrum works, and its core principles. How Scrum is different to traditional project management approaches
- Scrum framework
How Scrum theory is implemented using Roles, Rules, Events and Artefacts. How these are used most effectively - and what you should avoid
- Scrum events and artefacts
Scrum events like sprint and daily scrum. Artefacts in scrum from the product backlog to potentially releasable increment
- Implementing Scrum and change
What Scrum means to your project and organisation? How to adopt Scrum effectively
- Scrum teams
Scrum teams are cross-functional and self-organising. How to start a Scrum team, and ensure its success
- Agile Requirements
How to work with requirements in an agile context
- Agile planning
How to plan a project from release planning, over sprint planning to daily planning. How to use planning poker and Magic Estimation as part of the agile planning
- Monitoring Progress
Learn how to use monitoring tools like Release Burn Down, Sprint Burn Down, Task Boards
- Scaling Scrum
How to establish a scaling infrastructure when working with more than one team
- Scrum vs. "Traditional Project Management"
Understand differences and similarities of traditional and agile PM. Learn how to use Scrum in an "traditional environment"
- Scrum and Practical experience
Learn how to deal with challenges of Scrum in "real world projects" (e.g. Fix Price Contracts and Scrum)
What is Scrum?
Scrum is an Agile framework developed to facilitate the completion of complex projects. It was originally created specifically for software development projects, but has since been applied to a wide range of workloads.
A brief breakdown of the Scrum framework:
- A product leader creates a prioritised list known as the product backlog.
- The product team select a chunk from the product backlog and decide how to implement that piece in a certain amount of working time, known as a sprint (usually two to four weeks).
- During this sprint, the team have a daily Scrum to assess their progress. This is lead by the Scrum master who aims to keep them on track.
- Once the sprint is complete, there should be a shippable product.
- Before the next sprint commences, there is a sprint review and retrospective look back.
What is a Scrum Master?
Think of the scrum master as a coach for a product development team. The scrum master is responsible for ensuring the team follows the principles and practices of scrum. They are often thought of as the process owner in the team, ensuring the team remain on track whilst also maintaining the balance with the project's key stakeholders.
What are the main responsibilities of a Scrum Master?
- Ensure the team are in agreement for what can be achieved during a sprint.
- Ensure the team reach a consensus on activities in the daily scrum.
- Help the team stay focused while following rules agreed in the daily scrum.
- Work to remove obstacles that are preventing the team progressing.
- Protect the team from being distracted
See What's Included...
- Firebrand's own Scrum Master Courseware
- Software in 30 Days: How Agile Managers Beat the Odds, Delight Their Customers, And Leave Competitors In the Dust - ISBN - 9781118206669
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam to get your Professional Scrum Master certification:
- Professional Scrum Master I (PSM1)
You're ready for this Firebrand course if you:
- Are familiar with the basics of project management
- Understand 'requirements' and 'requirements decomposition'
- Have been involved with a project that creates or improves a product
- Understand the basics of Scrum and have read the Scrum Guide
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Scrum Scrum Master Course Dates
Scrum - Firebrand's training for Scrum.org's Professional Scrum Master certification
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Fantastic experience , knowledgeable team and extremely useful for myself and my team."
Peter Linkhorn, Natures Way Food. (31/10/2019 to 1/11/2019)
"Excellent preparation for the exam plus lots more useful information."
P.G.. (8/7/2019 to 9/7/2019)
"The instructor has been working in the relevant field for the past 30 years. The examples provided enhance our learning and makes it easier to understand the concept. Highly recommended."
J.B.. (8/7/2019 to 9/7/2019)
"Wonderful training site, very picturesque and hotel is very good."
John Clark, Allpay Ltd. (8/7/2019 to 9/7/2019)
"Course was very intense. Excellent tutor.."
S.P.. (8/7/2019 to 9/7/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students