Get an accelerated introduction to IT security, in just two days. On this official Microsoft MTA Security Fundamentals course, you’ll study network, operating system and software security.
You’ll learn from Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT) as you build the foundation of security knowledge you need to secure your networks and hardware. This accelerated course is 33% faster than traditional training. You’ll study:
- Social engineering, attack surface analysis and threat modelling
- Operating system security
- Dedicated firewalls, network isolation and protocol security
- Security software, including antivirus and anti-spam
This MTA certification is your entry point to a career in IT and technology. On this accelerated MTA Security Fundamentals course, you’ll get the skills and knowledge you need to progress with advanced Microsoft certifications, like the MCSA.
Plus, prepare to take Microsoft MTA exam 98-367, which you’ll sit at the end of your accelerated course. This exam is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75029 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- Module 1: Understanding security layers
- Module 2: Understanding authentication, authorisation, and accounting
- Module 3: Understanding security policies
- Module 4: Understanding network security
- Module 5: Protecting the server and client
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- MTA Exam 98-367 – Security Fundamentals
This exam will test your knowledge of:
- Security layers (25-30%)
- Operating system security (30-35%)
- Network security (20-25%)
- Security software (15-20%)
This exam is available in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Latin America)
See What's Included...
Microsoft Official Books
- Security Fundamentals - ISBN 978-0470901847
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are no prerequisites for this accelerated course.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - MTA Security Fundamentals
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75029 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Courses are great, Facility Is great. Great Place to be. Days are truly not as hard as they are made out to be."
Anonymous. (1/3/2019 to 2/3/2019)
Anonymous. (1/10/2018 to 2/10/2018)
"Very well organised ,helpful , learning can be fast passed but explained well and always can ask the trainer for more in depth explanation."
D.W.. (24/8/2018 to 25/8/2018)
"Very informative courses, teaching lots of really useful things that are encountered daily as a junior developer, but things that arent elaborated on in industry."
Thomas Mynott, Transport for London. (10/8/2018 to 11/8/2018)
"Firebrand taught me 2 months ago for a networking course and was just as good this time, highly recommend Firebrand. Until next time!"
Jordan Duncan, LSI Architects. (6/10/2017 to 7/10/2017)
Latest Reviews from our students