On this accelerated 6-day Microsoft MTA Security, Windows Server Administration & Networking, you'll learn fundamental networking and security skills, 66% faster than traditional training.
The Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification course is your first step on the Microsoft career path. Get MTA certified, and you'll soon have the confidence and knowledge to build your technology career.
Your expert Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) will teach you about installing, administrating and maintaining Windows 2012 & 2016. This includes installing Microsoft Active Directory, Server roles and WSUS (Windows Server Update Services).
You'll also learn the basics of:
- Understand Network Infrastructures
- Network Hardware
- Protocols and Services
- Security Layers
- Operating System Security
- Network Security
- Security Software
- Server Installation
- Server Roles
- Active Directory
This course is ideal if you want to start a career in a role such as:
- Infrastructure Specialist
- Windows Network Administrator
- Desktop Application Specialist
More than 95% of companies around the world use Microsoft technology. Be part of it. The next recommended step after MTA is the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications that specialise in Microsoft Windows Server and Windows Client.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 6 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75090 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Certifications from Microsoft help you develop towards becoming an IT Pro or Developer. You'll stand-out, and prove that you have the skills to deploy, maintain, and optimise Microsoft technologies.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Course 40365A: MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- Module 1: Server Overview
- Module 2: Managing Windows Server 2008 R2
- Module 3: Managing Storage
- Module 4: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Servers
- Module 5: Essential Services
- Module 6: File and Print Services
- Module 7: Popular Windows Network Services and Applications
Course 40366 B: Networking Fundamentals
- Module 1: Understanding Local Area Networking
- Module 2: Defining Networks with the OSI Model
- Module 3: Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks
- Module 4: Understanding Internet Protocol
- Module 5: Implementing TCP/IP in the Command Line
- Module 6: Working with Networking Services
- Module 7: Understanding Wide Area Networks
- Module 8: Defining Network Infrastructures and Network Security
Course 40367 B: Security Fundamentals
- Module 1: Understanding Security Layers
- Module 2: Understanding Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting
- Module 3: Understanding Security Policies
- Module 4: Understanding Network Security
- Module 5: Protecting the Server and Client
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exams:
- Exam 98-365 - Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- Exam 98-366 - Networking Fundamentals
- Exam 98-367 - Security Fundamentals
See What's Included...
Microsoft Official Books
- Windows Server 2016 Administration Fundamentals - ISBN: 978-1788629508
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Some exceptions apply.
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
To get the most out this accelerated MTA course, it is recommended you have hands-on hardware or technology experience.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - MTA Security, Windows Server Administration & Networking
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75090 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Experience was good instructors friendly and helpful."
Anonymous. (10/6/2019 to 15/6/2019)
"I would recommend reading up before taking a course. I loved it in the end."
Gregory Gold, Computer Geeks. (10/6/2019 to 15/6/2019)
"The full course is very beneficial & gives you a massive knowledge boost, as long as you are willing to put in the hours and concentrate."
M.F.. (10/6/2019 to 15/6/2019)
"A fantastic training course that is helpful and tailored for anyone from no experience to loads of experience."
Scott Crawford, Utilita. (10/6/2019 to 15/6/2019)
"Firebrand is one of the fastest ways I have ever learned any skill in my life. While challenging, it does provide good insight into the world of IT."
Jack Wills, Coventry Building Society. (13/5/2019 to 18/5/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students