Get an in-depth introduction to networking, in just two days, on this official Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamentals course. You’ll study network infrastructure, hardware, protocols and services – 33% faster than traditional training.
Learn from Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT) as you build the foundation of networking knowledge you need for a career in IT. On this accelerated course, you’ll study:
- Local area networking
- The OSI model
- Wired and wireless networks
- Internet protocol
- TCP/IP in the command line
- Network infrastructure and network security
Microsoft’s MTA certifications are your entry point to a career in IT and technology. On this course, you’ll also get the skills and knowledge you need to progress with advanced Microsoft certifications, like the MCSA: Windows Server.
Plus, you’ll prepare to take Microsoft exam 98-366, which you’ll sit at the end of your accelerated course. This exam is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75090 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- Module 1: Understanding Local Area Networking
- Module 2: Defining Networks with the OSI Model
- Module 3: Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks
- Module 4: Understanding Internet Protocol
- Module 5: Implementing TCP/IP in the Command Line
- Module 6: Working with Networking Services
- Module 7: Understanding Wide Area Networks
- Module 8: Defining Network Infrastructures and Network Security
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- Exam 98-366 - Networking Fundamentals
This exam will measure your knowledge of:
- Understanding network infrastructure (30-35%)
- Understanding network hardware (20-25%)
- Understanding protocols and services (45-50%)
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Some exceptions apply.
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are no prerequisites for this MTA certification.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - MTA Networking Fundamentals
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75090 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Packing all this learning into such a short space of time can seem daunting but with such excellent tutelage, it was achievable. "
Neil Jacobs, firstname.lastname@example.org. (4/7/2019 to 5/7/2019)
"Instructors are great, materials are getting better."
Anonymous. (13/6/2019 to 14/6/2019)
"Very good training routie, Help is always about if needed."
Benn Errington White, WNSA. (22/8/2018 to 23/8/2018)
"Excellent Environment and training provided. Thank you"
Anonymous (2/8/2017 to 3/8/2017)
"Great training. Great Instructors."
G.S.. (27/1/2020 to 1/2/2020)
Latest Reviews from our students