On this accelerated 3 day Networking with Windows Server 2016 course you’ll develop the fundamental skills you need to develop and manage your Windows Server environment. This will help you to bring the in-built networking benefits of Windows Server 2016 to your business, fast.
You’ll learn how implement Networking with Windows Server 2016, developing competences core areas including remote access, IP fundamentals and VPNs. The course also includes planning and implementing an IPv6 network and Domain Name System.
This course is 40% faster than traditional training, meaning you'll be back at work sooner using your new skills.
Using Firebrand’s unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, your Microsoft Certified Trainer will immerse you in Microsoft Official Curriculum combined with practical labs. You'll learn how to:
- Implement an IPv4 network, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and IPv6
- Plan for remote access
- Implement software defined networking
- Implement DirectAccess
As part of the course you will be prepared to sit exam 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016. You'll sit your exam on-site as part of the course, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
This course is aimed at existing IT professionals, with networking knowledge and experience . It is ideal if you are looking for a single course that explores advanced networking technologies in Windows Server 2016.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75016 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Firebrand is a Microsoft Learning partner, meaning you will benefit from:
- Microsoft Certified Trainers - learn from expert instructors certified by Microsoft to deliver your course. With years of in-industry experience, you will benefit from their real world knowledge.
- Microsoft Official Curriculum - access the latest and most relevant content to Windows Server 2016.
- Microsoft Official Practice Tests - reinforce your knowledge and simulate a Microsoft exam situation with official practice tests aligned to the MOC content you are learning.
- This course emphasises practical tasks with labs integrated throughout the content to build upon the theoretical knowledge developed. This will help you develop knowledge applicable to real-world scenarios.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
MOC 20741B: Networking with Windows Server 2016
- Module 1: Planning and implementing an IPv4 network
- Module 2: Implementing DHCP
- Module 3: Implementing IPv6
- Module 4: Implementing DNS
- Module 5: Implementing and managing IPAM
- Module 6: Remote access in Windows Server 2016
- Module 7: Implementing DirectAccess
- Module 8: Implementing VPNs
- Module 9: Implementing networking for branch offices
- Module 10: Configuring advanced networking features
- Module 11: Implementing Software Defined Networking
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exams at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
Exam: 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016
Some of the skills you'll be tested on include:
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS) (15–20%)
- Implement DHCP (15–20%)
- Implement IP Address Management (IPAM) (15–20%)
- Implement network connectivity and remote access solutions (25–30%)
- Implement core and distributed network solutions (10–15%)
- Implement an advanced network infrastructure (10–15%)
See What's Included...
Microsoft Official Curriculum
- MOC 20741B: Networking with Windows Server 2016
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
In addition to professional experience working with Windows Server, you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012
- Experience in an infrastructure enterprise environment with Windows Server
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Understanding of core networking infrastructure components and technologies such as cabling, routers, hubs, and switches
- Knowledge of networking architectures and topologies - local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) & wireless networking
- Foundation knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack, addressing and name resolution
- Experience working with Hyper-V and foundation knowledge of virtualisation
- Hands-on experience working with Windows client operating systems including Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - Networking with Windows Server 2016
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75016 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Firebrand Training does a great job of giving materials and instruction to prepare for certification exams. "
Anonymous. (11/2/2019 to 13/2/2019)
"I thought the training went really well and was done well the instructor knew what he was talking about."
Anonymous. (6/8/2018 to 8/8/2018)
"Firebrand is good for delivering courses and materials."
Anonymous. (6/8/2018 to 8/8/2018)
"Had a great time at Firebrand. Thank you for all your support."
Jacob Johnson, St Johns School. (14/8/2017 to 16/8/2017)
"5th Course at firebrand, and as always a great experience.
Trainers are friendly and willing to answer most any questions you may have, even if they have to get back to you later 10/10"
Ethan ODonnell. (28/6/2017 to 30/6/2017)
Latest Reviews from our students