On this accelerated 4 day Installation, Storage and Compute in Windows Server 2016 course, learn the fundamental skills to bring the benefits of Windows Server 2016 to your organisation.
You’ll learn how to install Windows Server 2016 - including Nano Server, Hyper-V and Virtual Machines. You'll also cover how to migrate from your existing server platform to Windows Server 2016. In addition to this, you'll develop your knowledge of disaster recovery technologies and be capable of planning, creating and managing a failover cluster.
This course is 20% faster than traditional training, meaning you will be back in work sooner using your new skills.
Using Firebrand’s unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, your Microsoft Certified Trainer will immerse you in Microsoft Official Curriculum combined with practical labs. This will help you develop skills applicable to real-world scenarios, including how to:
- Install, upgrade and migrate servers and workloads
- Install, deploy and manage Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
- Plan and implement a high availability and disaster recovery solution
- Manage, monitor and maintain virtual machine installations
As part the course, you will be prepared for exam 70-740: Installation, Storage and Compute in Windows Server 2016. You will sit this exam on-site as part of the course, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
If you're an IT professional looking to build knowledge of storage and compute funcationality using Windows Server 2016, this course is ideal. It's also highly relevant if you're looking to migrate to Windows Server 2016 from previous server technologies.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online Windows Server 2016 courses
- You'll be Windows Server 2016 certified in just 4 days. With us, you’ll be Windows Server 2016 trained in record time
- Our Windows Server 2016 course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Windows Server 2016 first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Windows Server 2016 faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Windows Server 2016 with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75610 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Firebrand is a Microsoft Learning partner, meaning you will benefit from:
- Microsoft Certified Trainers - learn from expert instructors certified by Microsoft to deliver your course. With years of in-industry experience, you will benefit from their real world knowledge.
- Microsoft Official Curriculum - access the latest and most relevant content to Windows Server 2016.
- Microsoft Official Practice Tests - reinforce your knowledge and simulate a Microsoft exam situation with official practice tests aligned to the MOC content you are learning.
- This course emphasises practical tasks with labs integrated throughout the content to build upon the theoretical knowledge developed. This will help you develop knowledge applicable to real-world scenarios.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
MOC 20740C: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
- Module 1: Installing, upgrading, and migrating servers and workloads
- Module 2: Configuring local storage
- Module 3: Implementing enterprise storage solutions
- Module 4: Implementing Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication
- Module 5: Installing and configuring Hyper-V and virtual machines
- Module 6: Deploying and managing Windows and Hyper-V containers
- Module 7: Overview of high availability and disaster recovery
- Module 8: Implementing failover clustering
- Module 9: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Module 10: Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Module 11: Creating and managing deployment images
- Module 12: Managing, monitoring, and maintaining virtual machine installations
See Exam Track...
As part of your accelerated course, you'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
- Exam number: 70-740
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Brazilian Portugese, simplified and traditional Chinese
- Install Windows Servers in host and compute environments (10–15%)
- Implement storage solutions (10–15%)
- Implement Hyper-V (20–25%)
- Implement Windows containers (5–10%)
- Implement high availability (30–35%)
- Maintain and monitor server environments (10–15%)
See What's Included...
Microsoft Official Curriculum
- MOC 20740C: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Before attending this course, you must have:
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10.
You would also benefit from previous experience with Windows Server operating systems. Ideally working as a Windows Server systems administrator.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Course Dates
Microsoft - Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75610 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Nice learning environment."
Ash Moxon, Custard Technical Services Ltd. (17/2/2020 to 20/2/2020)
"Was useful to be in an environment where only concentrated on the course without distractions."
Luke Baker, Benjamin Britten School. (17/2/2020 to 20/2/2020)
"The training here is great, the resources and tools provided are always really useful."
E.T.. (12/8/2019 to 15/8/2019)
"The trainer is very engaging and a lot of demonstrations to cement the learning. Thank you."
Anonymous. (30/5/2019 to 2/6/2019)
"I have been on a few of these classes and I have always had a very good experience, instructors are always very knowledgeable and explain the lessons very well."
David Cleaver. (30/5/2019 to 2/6/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students