On your accelerated 5-day Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations course you'll gain the skills and knowledge to use, maintain, and support the finance and accounting processes in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
You'll experience our unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, immersing you in the curriculum and helping you to build and retain information faster.
Your Microsoft Certified Trainer will guide you through setting up and configuring core financial modules. You'll also learn to:
- Manage daily procedures for the core financial modules.
- Set up, configure, and use the Budgeting module.
- Manage periodic and closing procedures for the financial modules.
During your course, you'll prepare for and sit exam MB6-895. This exam is an elective requirement for achieving the MCSE: Business Applications.
This course is ideal if you're a Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations partner, such as solution architects, functional consultants, and project managers looking to support with the Finance and Operations application.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 5 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75078 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Set up and configure the core financial modules
Define and configure the General ledger module.
- Define and create the chart of accounts and main accounts
- Set up and manage fiscal and ledger calendars
- Create and define financial dimensions and financial dimension sets
- Configure account structure
- Define the ledger for a legal entity
- Set up journals
- Define the General ledger parameters and accounts for automatic transactions
- Configure intercompany accounting
Explain and set up the Cash and bank management module.
- Explain bank transaction types and transaction groups
- Set up bank groups, create bank accounts
- Explain the Cash and bank management parameters
- Configure check layouts
Describe and design the Accounts receivable and Collections management modules.
- Describe customer posting profiles
- Set up customer payment information
- Create customers
- Define the Accounts receivable parameters
- Describe an organisational structure for centralised payments
- Set up and process collection letters
- Configure and calculate interest
- Process interest adjustments
- Set up customer pools and aging period definitions
Review and build the Accounts payable module.
- Define vendor posting profiles,
- Configure vendor payment information
- Explain invoice matching
- Create vendors
- Walkthrough the account payable parameters
- Review an organisational structure for centralised payments
Clarify and utilise the Tax module.
- Define ledger posting groups
- Create sales tax codes
- Establish sales and item tax groups
- Define sales tax authorities
- Explain withholding tax
- Review sales tax jurisdictions
Define basic fixed asset concepts, and complete setup for the Fixed assets module.
- Define depreciation methods and conventions
- Set up depreciation profiles and books
- Set up value models
- Define Fixed Asset parameters
- Create fixed assets
- Set up and assign bar codes to assets
- Lend fixed assets
Manage daily procedures for the core financial modules
Review and process transactions in the General ledger module.
- Create and post general journals
- Create voucher templates
- Process periodic journals
- Process period allocations
- Create and process accrual schemes
- Reverse a transaction
- Create reversing entries
- Use ledger accrual schemes in a journal
- Create and post intercompany journal entries
Analyse and walkthrough transactions in the Cash and bank management module.
- Create and delete checks
- Void a check and create payment reversals
- Create and cancel deposit slips
- Reconcile bank accounts
Assess and handle transactions in the Accounts receivable and Collections management modules.
- Create free text invoices
- Process prepayments
- Create payment journals
- Reverse settlements
- Reimburse a customer
- Perform sales order invoicing
- Review aged balances for customer
- Process customer account statements
- Create write-off transactions
- Process a non-sufficient funds cancellation
- Manage the status of customer transactions
- Use cases and activities to track collection actions
Define and create transactions in the Accounts payable module.
- Define and create different types of invoice journals
- Manage vendor invoices
- Perform invoice matching
- Process prepayments
- Create payment proposals
- Process payment journals
Explain and work with transactions in the Tax module.
- Revise sales tax prior to posting a transaction
- Post sales tax on prepayments
- Create transactions with conditional sales tax
Review and process fixed asset transactions.
- Define transaction types available
- Process acquisitions through journals
- Process depreciations
- Process disposals
- Process value adjustments
- Create purchase orders for fixed assets
- Acquire fixed assets from a purchase order
Set up, configure, and use the Budgeting module
Define basic budgeting concepts, and setup basic budgeting features.
- Define budget concepts
- Discuss different budget types
- Set up the different budget configurations
- Define the budget parameters
Configure and use budget control features.
- Set up the budget control configuration settings
- Define budget groups and budget control rules
- Enable budget control for source documents and journals
- Activate and turn on budget control
- View budget check results on transactions
Define and generate budget plans.
- Define budget planning configuration
- Create budget plans
- Process budget plans
- Modify budget plans in Excel
Create and process budget register entries.
- Create and process budget register entries
- Transfer budget balances
- Define budget allocations
- Update budget register entries in Excel
- Create budget register entries from budget plans
Manage periodic and closing procedures for the financial modules
Setup, configure, and run consolidations and eliminations.
- Set up and define a consolidation and elimination company
- Add consolidation information to main accounts
- Define and use consolidation groups
- Configure elimination rules
- Define the consolidation methods available
- Perform a consolidation
- Create and process eliminations
Configure and perform foreign currency revaluations.
- Define main account settings for foreign currency revaluation
- Define the types of foreign currency revaluations
- Perform foreign currency revaluations
Set up and run ledger allocations.
- Describe the various types of ledger allocation
- Create ledger allocations rules and basis
- Process ledger allocation requests
- Configure allocations terms for a main account
Construct and use the period close workspace.
- Describe uses for the period close workspace
- Configure the period close workspace
- Define a period close template
- Use the period close workspace
Set and run the fiscal year end closing processes.
- Define parameters for fiscal year end close
- Configure and run the fiscal year close process
- Describe and use the closing sheet
See Exam Track...
You will sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre during the course. This is covered by your Certification Guarantee:
Exam MB6-895: Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Technology - Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Credit toward - MCSE: Business Applications
You will be measured on your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks in exam MB6-895:
- Set up and configure the core financial modules. (25-30%)
- Manage daily procedures for the core financial modules. (25-30%)
- Set up, configure, and use the Budgeting module. (20-25%)
- Manage periodic and closing procedures for the financial modules. (20-25%)
See What's Included...
Included in this course:
- Firebrand custom courseware
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Some exceptions apply.
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Before attending this course, you should have an understanding of:
- Finance and accounting concepts and processes
- How Finance and Operations functionalities apply to various business processes.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75078 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"The instructor iss really a skilled, with a wide knowledges of the subject."
F.F, Verdo. (11/2/2019 to 15/2/2019)
"Great training. Great Instructors."
G.S.. (27/1/2020 to 1/2/2020)
"Trainer was excellent with REAL life experience. Training is also fun which makes learning really easy. "
G.S.. (27/1/2020 to 1/2/2020)
"Excellent course with an excellent instructor. Highly recommended."
J.T.. (27/1/2020 to 1/2/2020)
"I found the course was well presented. The instructor was enthusiastic and engaging allowing a good all round experience."
A.W.. (27/1/2020 to 1/2/2020)
Latest Reviews from our students