On this accelerated 3 day ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager certification course you'll gain the skills and knowledge to help your business implement and manage risk as outlined in ISO 31000.
Your fastest route to ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager certification
Through accelerated training you'll be ready sit the PECB ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager exam in just 3 days, 40% faster than traditional training. You'll develop skills including:
- how to implement Risk Management while adhering to the framework and principles of ISO 31000
- understanding the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for managing risk in a business
- understanding how the components of a Risk Management process are linked - this includes responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, and human behaviour
This course is best suited to:
- Risk managers and consultants looking to help an organisation implement ISO 31000
- ISO 31000 auditors wanting to understand the process of Risk Management implementation
- CxO and Senior Managers in charge of Risk Management for an enterprise
- Business Process Owners
- Business Finance Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Managers
- Project Managers
- Individuals mangaing information security or conformity within an organisation
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online courses
- You'll be certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75618 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
This training course covers both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
Introduction to Risk Management and ISO 31000
- Introduction and a brief history of Risk Management
- Presentation of the Risk Management standards
- Overview of the fundamental principles of Risk Management
- Risk Management model
- Assigning roles and accountabilities
Establishing the Risk Management Project Team and drafting the Project Plan
Risk Management Strategy and Acquisition
- Strategic alignment of risk related objectives with enterprise objectives
- Meeting stakeholder needs through benefits realisation, risk optimisation, and resource optimisation
- Formulating a Risk Management strategy
- Effectively managing changes in business strategy which are due to the dynamic nature of a business environment
- Establishing a Risk Management strategy committee with the focus on offering advice on value, risk, and performance
- Acquisition – Balancing benefits opportunities, costs, and risks
- Preparing an acquisition and procurement process
- Calculation of benefits using financially oriented and non-financially oriented cost-benefit techniques
- Drafting and implementing cost optimisation strategies
Introduction to Risk Management concepts as required by ISO 31000
- Implementation of a Risk Management process
- Continuous improvement through frameworks
- Interoperability of diverse systems and organisations
- Risk management: identification, analysis and treatment of risk (drawing on guidance from ISO/IEC 31000)
Resource Management, Conformance, and Human Behaviour
- Establishing an effective Human Resource Management
- Drafting and incorporating HR strategies
- Contract Management, Relationship Management, and Asset Management through SLAs and OLAs
- Management and governance of data
- Record and monitor risk resource utilisation and availability
- Outsourcing practices: Onsite, Offsite, and Offshore
- Measure continuous performance of service delivery
- Governance of conformance to legal requirements and other standards
- Governance of human behaviour and management of organisational and cultural change
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
PECB exam: ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager
The exam tests knowledge of the following domains:
- Domain 1: Risk Management Principles
- Domain 2: Evaluate-Direct-Monitor Model of ISO 31000
- Domain 3: Guidance for Risk Management
- Domain 4: Implementing a Privacy Framework
- Domain 5: Evaluate the need and applicability of each principle
- Domain 6: Direct the adherence to each principle
- Domain 7: Monitor all or key activities related to all the principles
The exam is 3 hours in duration.
Upon passing the exam, you are eligible to apply for the credentials of PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager, dependent on your level of experience.
You will, be issued a certificate providing you pass the exam and meet all other requirements associated wit the ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager credential.
See What's Included...
Exam and certification fees are included in the training price
You'll also receive the following as part of the course:
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
This course requires you to have a basic understanding of risk management, or an understanding of the basic requirements of ISO 31000.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
ISO Course Dates
ISO - 31000 Lead Risk Manager - Risk Management
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75618 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"This is the fourth time I have used firebrand and the first time for online training.
Whilst the online training is good the in-person training still suites my learning style a bit better."
James Packer, Kirk iSS. (22/4/2020 to 24/4/2020)
"its great that Firebrand have adapted to run all their courses online."
Darren Edmondson. (22/4/2020 to 24/4/2020)
"Firebrand training is efficient and effective. "
Anonymous (20/4/2020 to 21/4/2020)
"Its intense but rewarding having the pass guarantee is great comfort."
Steve Brain. (15/1/2020 to 17/1/2020)
"I feel well trained to lead ISO 27001 implementations after attending the Firebrand Training."
Sofia Larsson, Secure State Cyber AB. (16/9/2019 to 18/9/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students