Learn the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) - as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 - in just 2 days.
You’ll be introduced to the ISO 27000 family of standards and study:
- Information security fundamentals
- How to conduct an ISO/IEC 27001 certification audit
- Design of information security controls based on ISO 27002 best practices
Get immersed in ISO/IEC 27001 in a distraction-free environment, and learn faster with Firebrand’s Lecture | Lab | Review methodology.
Plus, you’ll sit the PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation exam as part of your accelerated course. This exam is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
If you are involved in the implementation of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard, this 2-day course is ideal for you. This course is also beneficial for:
- Members of an information security team
- Technicians involved in operations related to an ISMS
- Those who want to learn about the processes of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- CxO and Senior Managers responsible for IT governance of an enterprise and the management of risks
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online ISO 27001 Foundation courses
- You'll be ISO 27001 Foundation certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be ISO 27001 Foundation trained in record time
- Our ISO 27001 Foundation course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass ISO 27001 Foundation first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn ISO 27001 Foundation faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying ISO 27001 Foundation with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75567 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001
- Introduction to the ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles information security
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of ISO/IEC 27001
- Implementation phases of ISO/IEC 27001 framework
- Continual improvement of Information Security
- Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 certification audit
Implementing controls in information security according to ISO/IEC 27002 and Certification Exam
- Principles and design of information security controls
- Documentation of an information security control environment
- Monitoring and reviewing the information security controls
- Examples of implementation of information security controls based on ISO 27002 best practices
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation exam
The PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP).
This one-hour exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are no prerequisites for this accelerated course.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
ISO ISO 27001 Foundation Course Dates
ISO - 27001 Foundation - Information Security Management
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75567 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"The instructors at Firebrand are excellent and the quality of teaching is very good.The facilities are great and the staff are friendly and helpful."
Anonymous. (25/4/2019 to 26/4/2019)
"I really enjoyed my training at Firebrand. It was very engaging and interactive with very friendly and approachable staff"
Jamie Scott, Nissan. (25/1/2018 to 26/1/2018)
"This is the fourth time I have used firebrand and the first time for online training.
Whilst the online training is good the in-person training still suites my learning style a bit better."
James Packer, Kirk iSS. (22/4/2020 to 24/4/2020)
"its great that Firebrand have adapted to run all their courses online."
Darren Edmondson. (22/4/2020 to 24/4/2020)
"Firebrand training is efficient and effective. "
Anonymous (20/4/2020 to 21/4/2020)
Latest Reviews from our students