Some 80% of all security breaches are application-related, equating to more than 226 million records being disclosed and fines reaching astronomical amounts.
Firebrand Training and (ISC)2 provide a solution that establishes industry standards and instils best practices in developing, managing and maintaining software security.
This accelerated CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional) course provides IT professionals with a fully-immersed, zero-distraction, all-inclusive CSSLP training experience. Our CSSLP course encompasses all domains of the (ISC)2 CSSLP CBK, all meals, and accommodation.
Who is this course suitable for?
Everybody with at least 4 years of experience in the SLC needs CSSLP certification, including:
- Software developers
- Engineers and architects
- Project managers
- Software QA
- QA testers
- Business analysts and
- The professionals who manage these stakeholders.
On this course, you'll prepare for and sit the CSSLP exam, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
The CSSLP certification is governed by the International Information Systems Security Certifications Consortium (ISC)2.
The key advantage of authorised (ISC)2 Institute Training is fundamental: The institute's goal is to provide an extensive overview of the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), the compendium of practices and standards compiled and continually updated by (ISC)2 and used as the basis for the CSSLP exam.
Highest Performing Affiliate of the Year
Firebrand Training has been named as “Highest Performing Affiliate of the Year – EMEA” by (ISC)2. The major security association helps companies recognise organisations and individuals who are knowledgeable in security through the CISSP, CSSLP and SSCP training.
Firebrand Training is an Authorized Provider of (ISC)2 training. W. Hord Tipton, Executive Director of (ISC)2, stated: “This award represents Firebrand as the top performer for (ISC)2...for the EMEA region.”
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be CSSLP certified in just 7 days. With us, you’ll be CSSLP trained in record time
- Our CSSLP course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass CSSLP first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn CSSLP faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying CSSLP with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75044 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
(ISC)2 Membership Benefits
(ISC)2 is an international, non-profit membership association built for security professionals. When you certify, you’ll become a member of (ISC)2. As a member, you’ll join a global network of 125,000+ and get access to an array of exclusive resources, tools and peer-to-peer networking opportunities, conference and event discounts.
Become a member by earning one of (ISC)2’s gold standard certifications. Contact us to find out more.
As an authorised (ISC)2 partner, Firebrand Training:
- Are guaranteed to adhere to stringent technical pre-screening practices - Candidates that do not have the necessary work and education experience my be subject to decertification as per the CSSLP "Code of Ethics"
- Guarantee the highest quality of education and customer satisfaction - Candidates are able to contact (ISC)2 directly for program quality assurance
- Utilise (ISC)2 Institute's instructors, trained directly by the consortium
- Employ the only official (ISC)2 courseware, materials, and CSSLP Practice Exams - The product of extensive work from (ISC)2; Instructors, and Subject Matter Experts
- Provide the CSSLP exam during your course at the Firebrand Training Centre
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
The following topics are presented during our CSSLP Program:
- Secure Software Concepts - security implications in software development
- Secure Software Requirements - capturing security requirements in the requirements gathering phase
- Secure Software Design - translating security requirements into application design elements
- Secure Software Implementation/Coding - unit testing for security functionality and resiliency to attack, and developing secure code and exploit mitigation
- Secure Software Testing - integrated QA testing for security functionality and resiliency to attack
- Software Acceptance - security implication in the software acceptance phase
- Software Deployment, Operations, Maintenance and Disposal - security issues around steady state operations and management of software
See Exam Track...
On this accelerated course, you'll prepare for and sit your CSSLP exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) exam
- Exam Length: up to 4 Hours
- Number of questions: 175 Questions
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Passing grade: 700 out of 1000 points
- Languages: English
You'll be tested on the eight CSSLP domains:
- Secure Software Concepts
- Secure Software Requirements
- Secure Software Design
- Secure Software Implementation/Programming
- Secure Software Testing
- Software Lifecycle Management
- Software Deployment, Operations and Maintenance
- Supply Chain and Software Acquisition
See What's Included...
- The Official (ISC)2 CSSLP CBK education Seminar – Student Handbook
CPE credits can be earned by attending this 7-day CSSLP course. (ISC)2 recognises a maximum of 55 CPEs for an existing (ISC)2 certification holder by attending this class.
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
To become a CSSLP, a candidate must successfully complete the following:
- Subscribe to the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics
- Provide proof of four years in the SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) process or 3 years plus a bachelors degree or regional equivalent in an IT discipline
- Submit Experience Assessment essays or pass examination
- Complete the endorsement process
- Recertification required every three years
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
(ISC)2 CSSLP Course Dates
(ISC)2 - CSSLP - Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75044 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Enjoyed my course. gave me the opportunity to immerse myself and learn away from work. Facility and instructor were exceptional"
Walter Eyetan, NA. (26/11/2018 to 2/12/2018)
"Amazing opportunity to develop new set of skills in a professional environment.
Excellent instructors, great and diverse colleagues from different industries and really cool facilities. Totally recommend."
Marian Bogdan Costache. (29/6/2015 to 5/7/2015)
"I found that the whole setup of Firebrand is conducive to an excellent learning experience."
Richard Downton, Honeywell. (16/2/2015 to 22/2/2015)
"The Firebrand staff were always helpful and courteous. The facilities were top notch and the lecturer was knowledgeable and experienced. I will be using again. "
Jonathan Schnittger, 1E/Alcurian. (16/2/2015 to 22/2/2015)
"Quite pleased with the results and the knowledge I've gained in such a short period of time."
Fatima Alomaeirah, Abu Dhabi Retirements & Pensions Fund. (16/2/2015 to 22/2/2015)
Latest Reviews from our students