This official (ISC)2 CISSP CBK Review Seminar provides you with the opportunity to review the CBK in-depth, in preparation for the CISSP certification exam. The course includes:
- In-depth review of the topics, subtopics, and sub-subtopics of the eight CBK domains
- Topic areas you should study ahead of the CISSP exam
- Practice exams
- CISSP exam best practice information
Highest Performing Affiliate of the Year
Firebrand Training has been named as “Highest Performing Affiliate of the Year – EMEA” by (ISC)2. The major security association helps companies recognise organisations and individuals who are knowledgeable in security through the CISSP, CSSLP and SSCP certifications.
Firebrand Training is an Authorized Provider of (ISC)2 certifications. W. Hord Tipton, Executive Director of (ISC)2, stated: “This award represents Firebrand as the top performer for (ISC)2...for the EMEA region.”
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Five reasons why you should sit your CISSP CBK course with Firebrand Training
- You’ll be CISSP CBK trained in just 5 days.
- Our CISSP CBK course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials
- You’ll learn CISSP CBK faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying CISSP CBK with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study CISSP CBK courseware. We use labs, case studies and practice tests to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
(ISC)2 Membership Benefits
(ISC)2 is an international, non-profit membership association built for security professionals. When you certify, you’ll become a member of (ISC)2;. As a member, you’ll join a global network of 125,000+ and get access to an array of exclusive resources, tools and peer-to-peer networking opportunities, conference and event discounts.
Become a member by earning one of (ISC)2’s gold standard certifications. Contact us to find out more.
Information security professionals invest substantially in information assets, including technology, architecture and process. But how can protection of these assets be ensured? Only through the strengths of the professionals in charge.
Industry standards, ethics and certification of IS professionals and practitioners becomes critical to ensuring a higher standard for security is achieved. (ISC)2, as the only not-for-profit consortium charged with maintaining, administering and certifying IS professionals in the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), is the premier resource for IS professionals worldwide.
Benefits of Certification to Your Company
- Establishes a standard of best practices
- Offers a solutions-orientation, not specialization, based on the broader understanding of the (ISC)2 CBK
- Allows access to a network of global industry and subject matter/domain experts
- Makes broad-based security information resources readily available
- Adds to credibility with the rigor and regimen of the certification examinations
- Provides a business and technology orientation to risk management
Benefits of Certification to You
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of information security
- Confirms commitment to profession
- Offers a career differentiator, with enhanced credibility and marketability
- Provides access to valuable resources, such as peer networking and idea exchange
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
You will learn the following on the CISSP training course:
Domain 1 – Security and Risk Management (Security, risk, compliance, law, regulations, business continuity)
- Understand and apply concepts of confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Apply security governance principles
- Understand legal and regulatory issues that pertain to information security In a global context
- Understand professional ethics
- Develop and implement document security policy, standards, procedures and guidelines
- Understand business continuity requirements
- Contribute to personnel security policies
- Understand and apply risk management concepts
- Understand and apply threat modelling
- Integrate security risk considerations into acquisitions strategy and practice
- Establish and manage information security education, training and awareness
Domain 2 - Asset Security (Protecting security of assets)
- Classify information and support assets
- Determine and maintain ownerships (data owners, system owners, business/mission owners)
- Protect privacy
- Ensure appropriate retention (media, hardware, personnel)
- Determine data security controls (data at rest, data in transit)
- Establish requirements ( makings, labels, storage, destruction of sensitive information)
Domain 3- Security Engineering (Engineering and management of security)
- Implement and Manage engineering processes using secure design principles
- Understand the fundamental concepts of security models (Confidentiality, Integrity, and Multi-level Models)
- Select controls and countermeasures based upon systems security evaluation modules
- Understand security capabilities of information systems (memory protection, virtualisation, trusted platform module, interfaces, fault tolerance)
- Assess and mitigate vulnerabilities in web-based systems (XML, OWASP)
- Apply cryptography
- Apply secure principles to site and facility design
- Design and implement physical security
Domain 4 – Communication and Network Security (Designing and protecting network security)
- Apply secure design principles to network architecture (IP & non-IP protocols, segmentation)
- Secure network components
- Design and establish secure communication channels
- Prevent or mitigate network attacks
Domain 5 – Identity and Access Management (Controlling access and managing identity)
- Control physical and logical access to assets
- Manage identification and authentication of people and devices
- Integrate identity as a service (cloud identity)
- Integrate third-party identity services (on-premise)
- Implement and manage authorisation mechanisms
- Prevent or mitigate access control attacks
- Manage the identity and access provisioning lifecycle (provisioning, review)
Domain 6 – Security Assessment and Testing (Designing, performing, and analysing security testing)
- Design and validate assessment and test strategies
- Conduct security control testing
- Collect security process date (management and operational controls)
- Analyse and report test outputs (automated, manual)
- Conduct or facilitate internal and third party audits
Domain 7 – Security Operations (Foundational concepts, investigations, incident management, disaster recovery)
- Understand and support investigations
- Understand requirements for investigation types
- Conduct logging and monitoring activities
- Secure the provisioning of resources
- Understand and apply foundational security operations concepts
- Employ resource protection techniques
- Conduct incident management
- Operate and maintain preventative measures
- Implement and support patch and vulnerability management
- Participate in and understand change management processes (versioning, baselining, security impact analysis)
- Implement recovery strategies
- Implement disaster recovery processes
- Test disaster recovery plans
- Participate in addressing personnel safety concerns (duress, travel, monitoring)
Domain 8 – Software Development Security (Understanding, applying, and enforcing software security)
How to maintain business in the face of major disruptions:
- Understand and apply security in the software development lifecycle
- Enforce security controls in development environments
- Assess the effectiveness of software security
- Assess security impact of acquired software
See Exam Track...
The CISSP Certification exam consists of 250 multiple-choice questions with four (4) choices each. You have up to 6 hours to complete the examination.
You'll be tested on the Eight CISSP information systems security test domains relating to the Common Body of Knowledge:
- Security and Rick Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
Upon successfully passing your CISSP certification exam, you'll receive your certificate and ID card. You are also eligible to be listed in the CISSP Directory, can elect to participate in the Speakers' Bureau, can serve on (ISC)2 committees and can participate in annual elections.
You must recertify every 3 years, with ongoing requirements for maintaining your credentials in good standing. This is achieved through continuing professional education (CPE) and the earning of 120 CPE credits every three years. More on qualifying for credits will be available upon certification.
See What's Included...
- Official (ISC)2 CISSP CBK Review Seminar (Student Handbook)
Examination vouchers not included for GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review
CPE credits can be earned by attending this 5-day CISSPR course. (ISC)2 recognises a maximum of 40 CPEs for an existing (ISC)2 certification holder.
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
To be eligible to become a CISSP, you must complete two processes:
The eligibility requirements to sit for the CISSP examination are completely separate from the eligibility requirements necessary to be certified.
To sit the CISSP exam, you must:
- Pay the examination fee
- Prove that you possess a minimum of five years of professional experience in the information security field (or four years plus a college degree)
- Complete the Candidate Agreement, confirming the above experience, and legally committing to the CISSP Code of Ethics
- Successfully answer four questions regarding criminal history and related background
To be issued a certificate, you must:
- Pass the CISSP exam with a scaled score of 700 points or greater
- Submit a completed Endorsement Form
- (If randomly selected) successfully pass an audit of your professional experience
What is Endorsement?
Once you have been notified of passing the CISSP examination, you will be required to have your application endorsed by a CISSP before the credential can be awarded. If no CISSP can be found, another qualified professional with knowledge of information systems or an officer of the candidates corporation can be used to validate your professional experience.
Your endorser will confirm your professional experience is true to the best of their knowledge, and that you are in good standing within the information security industry.
Upon receipt of the Endorsement Form and barring a random audit of your professional experience, the CISSP credential should be awarded within one business day, with a formal notification sent via e-mail.
What is the audit?
Some candidates who pass the CISSP exam and submit endorsements will be randomly subjected to audit, and required to submit a CV for formal review and investigation.
If audited (subject to results), the credential will be awarded within seven business days and notification sent via e-mail. Naturally, there may be some delays due to mail service or the number of forms received. Also, audits may require additional time for verifying information and/or contacting references.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
(ISC)2 CISSP CBK Course Dates
(ISC)2 - CISSP - CBK Review Seminar
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Really good environment to learn well done to the instructor and the team."
S.K., Abbott. (16/12/2019 to 20/12/2019)
"A superb training environment capped by knowledgeable accomplished trainers"
Nick Thomas, Rubicom Solutions. (28/10/2019 to 1/11/2019)
"Very intense course, but very useful. I was probably as all of us afraid, if it is possible to pass CISSP exam. During the course I was more and more sure, that it is possible, and it was because of the perfect lecturer and the information we received. Thanks for that."
J.S.. (17/6/2019 to 21/6/2019)
"Great package all around, from the accommodation to the support after completing the exam."
Neil Howlett, MOD - RAF Police. (13/4/2015 to 17/4/2015)
"Great class, lots of knowledge to be gained. Ive been taken out of the dark, shown how much I didnt know and now Im looking for a shadow."
Roy Shirley, RAF croughton. (10/9/2012 to 14/9/2012)
Latest Reviews from our students