Help your business maximise the value of IT, through COBIT 5 training and certification. Learn about the latest governance and management techniques, and the analytical tools and models that increase trust in your IT service. This accelerated training includes both the COBIT 5 Foundation course and Implementation course.
COBIT 5 will ensure that your business:
- Maintains high-quality information, to support business decisions
- Achieves strategic goals through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Achieves operational excellence through reliable, efficient technology
- Maintains an acceptable level of IT-related risk
- Optimises the cost of IT services and technology
- Supports compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies.
COBIT 5 combines major frameworks, standards and resources, including:
- ISACA’s Val IT and Risk IT
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Related standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Firebrand is a premier ISACA partner for EMEA and the US. No other partner in these regions trains more students.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be COBIT 5 certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be COBIT 5 trained in record time
- Our COBIT 5 course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass COBIT 5 first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn COBIT 5 faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying COBIT 5 with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
COBIT 5 Foundation
- How IT management issues affect organisations
- The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT meets requirements of an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The functions and benefits of COBIT
- The COBIT Framework and all its components
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
COBIT 5 Implementation
- How to effectively analyse enterprise drivers
- Implementation challenges, their root causes and success factors
- Assessing current process capability
- How to scope and plan improvements
- How avoid potential implementation pitfalls by leveraging good practices
The Five Principles and Seven Enablers
The COBIT5 framework is based on Five Principles and Seven Enablers. The course curriculum has been aligned to these:
The Five Principles
- Principle 1: Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Principle 2: Covering the Enterprise End-to- End
- Principle 3: Applying a Single, Integrated Framework
- Principle 4: Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Principle 5: Separating Governance From Management
The Seven Enablers
- Principles, policies and frameworks
The vehicle to translate the desired behaviour into practical guidance for day-to-day management
An organized set of practices and activities to achieve certain objectives and produce a set of outputs in support of achieving overall IT-related goals
- Organizational structures
The key decision-making entities in an enterprise
- Culture, ethics and behaviour
The culture, ethics and behaviour of individuals and of the enterprise are very often underestimated as a success factor in governance and management activities
Required for keeping the organization running and well governed, but at the operational level, information is very often the key product of the enterprise itself
- Services, infrastructure and applications
Includes the infrastructure, technology and applications that provide the enterprise with information technology processing and services
- People, skills and competencies
Required for successful completion of all activities, and for making correct decisions and taking corrective actions
See Exam Track...
To earn your COBIT5 Foundation and Implementer certifications, you must pass the following exams. Both are included on the course:
COBIT 5 Foundation
- 50 multiple choice questions, 50% required for a pass
- 40-minute duration
- Closed book
COBIT 5 Implementation
- Four questions per paper, 50% required for a pass
- 2.5 hours' duration
- Open book (‘COBIT 5 Implementation’ book only)
See What's included...
- Official ISACA - COBIT 5: Implementation Manual
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
It's recommended that you have an understanding of IT governance or IT management in an enterprise.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
ISACA COBIT 5 Course Dates
ISACA - COBIT 5 Foundation and Implementation
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Have done all my training here for past 8 years. That says it all!"
Andrew Watson, Cyberworx. (21/11/2016 to 23/11/2016)
"Great accelerated learning that actually works."
Anonymous (7/10/2015 to 9/10/2015)
Anonymous (7/10/2015 to 9/10/2015)
"Enjoyed the training I received, well thought out and presented. The instructor is a very knowledgeable trainer & knew his subject inside out. He answered all questions and we were all comfortable with the pace of the course."
Anonymous (8/4/2015 to 10/4/2015)
"Hard work, gotta cram, long hours, gotta work on it.
Worth it though if you want success"
Peter Chenery, Circle Housing Group. (7/7/2014 to 9/7/2014)
Latest Reviews from our students