Become an expert in open source investigation in just 5 days. On this accelerated Cyber Crime Internet Intelligence and Investigation course, you’ll build knowledge in identification, handling and verification of digital information and the legislation around it.
You’ll cover the capture of online information, digital footprints, internet searching and social networks. Over 5 days you’ll also study:
- VPNs and the dark net
- Forensic linguistics
- Open source software
- Encryption and steganography
At the conclusion of your accelerated course your knowledge will be tested through both a written and practical exam.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Six reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be trained in just 5 days. You'll learn fast when you're taught by law enforcement professionals
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- You’ll learn more. Get immersed in the world of cyber crime as you learn from instructors with experience in cyber crime operations and policing
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We've trained over 2,300 police officers across 30+ forces in the UK and gained national coverage in the BBC
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. Get access to the Turing Cyber Suite and study the latest developments in cyber crime
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- What is open source material?
- Value of open source software - exploiting free tools - recognising limitation
- Legislation - enhanced knowledge of relevant legislation, RIPA, DSA, DPA, CMA, IP Act (including case studies) - Legal Considerations including Agent Provocateur, False on-line accounts, consented account takeover & social engineering
- Open source v undercover
- Intelligence development using open source
- Information > Intelligence > Evidence
- Equipment needs & wishes
- Software choices
- Connection to the Internet
- Advanced evidential capture features - use of Camtasia, Snagit & others
- Hashing: concepts, capability & value
- Use of network foot printing tools
- Introduction to internet searching - basic, targeted & metasearch
- Legend building - maintenance & tradecraft
- Social network analysis - basic knowledge & understanding/working with analysts to achieve best results
- Social media - enhanced knowledge & searching ability - COSAIN, Maltego & similar
- People & Business Research
- Web logs/downloads
- Image/document metadata and geolocation
- Communications data awareness – including MAC addressing, resolution of IP addressing
- Consented data - how to exploit consented data
- Using HTML code
- Forensic linguistics - introduction & basic knowledge
- Using Smartphone & Tablet covertly
- Encryption & steganography - introductory level, work-based knowledge
- Darknet - setting up and using TOR, Freenet and equivalent browsers
- Darknet exploration
- Virtual/crypto currencies
- Information & intelligence packages - producing a product
- Forensic analysis as an aide to open source
- Written assessment
- Interactive Assessed Exercise
See Exam Track...
You’ll sit the following exams during your accelerated Cyber Crime Internet Intelligence and Investigation course:
- Internet Intelligence and Investigation - written assessment:
- Internet Intelligence and Investigation - practical assessment:
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee*
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware**
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are no prerequisites for this accelerated course.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Cyber Crime Course Dates
Cyber Crime - Firebrand Open Source Investigator - Advanced Practitioner
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75363 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Extremely knowledgeable staff, very good standards of training and great accommodation facilities whilst on the course."
E.S.. (25/11/2019 to 29/11/2019)
"Im exhausted but it was a good course and I learnt alot"
Kevin Seccombe, Metropolitan Police. (25/2/2019 to 1/3/2019)
"An excellent course run by friendly and experienced tutors providing an invaluable range of skills needed to perform open source research."
B.C.. (25/2/2019 to 1/3/2019)
"Very professional set up. Resources for both the classroom and onsite accommodation are great. Course material is all relevant and the trainers are very knowledgeable and have lots of practical experience which is always a bonus."
Simon Markham, British Telecom. (25/2/2019 to 1/3/2019)
"Excellent, interesting and well-paced course, which seemed to fly-by. Would recommend! "
Rhys Morgan, South Wales Police. (25/2/2019 to 1/3/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students