On this 3-day accelerated MSP® Foundation and Practitioner course you'll develop the skills to manage successful programmes. On the MSP Foundation, you'll develop your understanding of the MSP guidance to work effectively in a team within an environment supporting MSP. On the MSP Practitioner you'll further develop these skills with the aim of managing, leading or advising on work within an MSP environment.
Some of the topics you'll cover include:
- Introduction to programme management
- Programme management processes and documentation
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Risk and issue management
- Planning and control
You'll benefit from industry expert instructors that will make use of their rich experience to enhance your understanding of the course material.
On this course you'll sit the MSP Foundation and Practioner examinations. This is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
This course is designed for project delivery team members and anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP and those wishing to pursue higher level certifications.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The MSP® Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.The MSP® Accredited Examination Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Thynk ATO of AXELOS Limited offers the MSP® Foundation & Practitioner course on this page. The MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be MSP Foundation & Practitioner certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be MSP Foundation & Practitioner trained in record time
- Our MSP Foundation & Practitioner course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass MSP Foundation & Practitioner first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn MSP Foundation & Practitioner faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying MSP Foundation & Practitioner with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75078 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Daily lectures, labs, and review sessions are supplemented by a combination of:
- Proprietary Lab Manual and Program Courseware - developed to address the unique demands of accelerated learners
- Self Test Testing Software
Firebrand Training thoroughly covers all essential elements necessary to attain the Managing Successful Programmes certifications during the course.
- Introduction to MSP and what constitutes a Programme
- The MSP Principles
- The Transformational Flow
- Programme Organisation, Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement, Vision
- Planning and Control, Quality and Assurance Management, Risk and Issue Management
- Benefits Management, Programme Business Case, Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Foundation exam
- Practitioner exam
Course program in detail:
Introduction to Programme Management
- Programme Definition
- Programmes vs. Projects
- The Programme Management Environment
- Using Programme Management
Programme Management Processes and Documentation
- Identifying a Programme - Programme Mandate, Programme Brief
- Defining a Programme - Programme Definition Document
- Managing the Tranches, Delivering the Capability, Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- Sponsoring Group
- Programme Board
- Programme Manager
- Programme Support
- Additional roles
- What makes a good Vision?
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Leadership vs Management
- Stakeholder Profiles, Stakeholder Maps, Influence/Interest Matrix
- Stakeholder Engagement Strategy
- Programme Communications
Plan Blueprint Design and Delivery
- The POTI Model
- Tranche Alignment
- The Blueprint
- Benefits Profiles/Benefits Maps
- Benefits Management Strategy
- Benefits Realisation Plan
- Genesis of a Business Case
- Benefits vs Dis-Benefits
- Types of Programme Cost
Risk and Issue Management
- Risk Management/Issue Management
- Risk Management Strategy/Register
- Issue Management Strategy/Register
- Configuration Management
- Information Management Strategy/Plan
Quality and Assurance Management
- Quality vs Assurance
- Quality and Assurance Strategy/Plan
- Audits/Health Checks
Planning and Control
- Projects Dossier
- Project Plan
- Dependency Networks
- Monitoring and Control Strategy
See Exam Track...
You will be prepared for, and sit the following exams on-site during the course. This is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
- Multiple choice questions
- 75 questions per paper with one mark available per question
- Five questions are trialled and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (50%) out of an available 70 marks
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
- Objective testing
- Eight questions per paper, 80 marks available in total
- 40 marks required to pass (50%)
- 120 minutes duration
- Open book
See What's Included...
- MSP Axelos Accredited Courseware
The following is provided before you attend the course, and must be brought with you.
- Managing Successful Programmes (2011 Edition) ISBN: 9780113313273
Delegates will also be provided with pre-course reading by email prior to attending the course. This pre-reading comprises a mixture of theory, sample questions and application of MSP.
Paying close attention to the pre-reading materials will significantly help a delegate's prospects of success on the course. It is recommended that candidates spend 8 hours working through the pre-reading.
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Some exceptions apply.
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
To be successful in the Managing Successful Programmes course you should have six months‚ experience in project management.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
AXELOS MSP Foundation & Practitioner Course Dates
AXELOS - MSP® Foundation & Practitioner
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75078 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Always a decent quality of instructors"
Durqn Kutlu, Project Manager. (2/12/2019 to 4/12/2019)
"The course was challenging but the tutor was very good at getting the key points across."
Jennifer Housego. (14/10/2019 to 16/10/2019)
"Firebrand have created a strong and energetic service model for implementing their training. The residential aspect really allows you to clear the decks from distraction."
Rachel Binnington, N/A. (14/10/2019 to 16/10/2019)
"3 courses in 2 months. Certifications in ALL!"
Aaron Fletcher. (14/10/2019 to 16/10/2019)
"Course content and delivery has been straight to the point. The trainer made difficult concept easy to understand."
Ade Williams. (14/10/2019 to 16/10/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students