On this accelerated 5-day Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations course, you'll learn basic technical and developmental skills to customise Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations.
You'll leave us with an expertise covering the full breadth of knowledge required for developing and deploying Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. You'll master skills including how to:
- Manage development with Microsoft Visual Studio and Lifecycle Services (LCS)
- Manipulate data and manage exceptions with X++
- Manage the user interface and navigation
- Modify and deploy retail modifications
Using our unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, your Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) will immerse you in the curriculum. This technique, which combines both theoretical and practical tasks, will accelerate your learning as well as provide you with the hands-on experience you'll need to apply your skills to the real-world.
You'll prepare for and sit exam MB6-894: Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations at the Firebrand Training Centre. Don't pass the first time? Don't worry - you'll be covered by our Certification Guarantee.
If you're a technical consultant, programmer or IT professional tasked with customising Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail for your business, this course is ideal for you.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 5-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 75.078 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Understand the architecture and development environment
Describe the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations architecture
- Describe the development environment
- Describe the components in the application stack
- Identify cloud architecture components
- Explain the server architecture
- Describe the layer architecture
Describe the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail architecture
- Identify components of the retail solutions and their purpose
- Describe differences and uses for the Retail Server and the Retail Store Scale Unit (RSSU)
- Describe hardware components
- Describe and create components for the Modern Point of Sale (MPOS) and the Cloud Point of Sale (Cloud POS)
Manage development with Microsoft Visual Studio and Lifecycle Services (LCS)
- Identify the windows and basic navigation of Visual Studio
- Describe differences between and uses for projects, models, solutions, and packages
- Describe and perform the build process
- Describe the features of LCS
- Use LCS to deploy hotfixes, manage assets, and complete the build process
Develop new elements by using Application Explorer
Create and manage labels and resources
- Create new label files
- Create and use labels
- Describe elements and uses for labels
- Identify best practices for labels
- Identify uses for resources
Create and manage data types
- Describe uses for base enumerations
- Create new base enumerations
- Identify best practices for base enumerations
- Describe primitive and extended data types
- Create new extended data types
- Identify key properties for extended data types
- Implement best practices for extended data types
Create and manage tables
- Identify the components of a table
- Describe various types of table relationships
- Describe various types of table indexes
- Implement best practices for tables, relationships, and indexes
Read and Write Basic X++
Describe the X++ environment
- Identify the characteristics of X++
- Use the code editor to write X++
- Describe the features of IntelliSense
- Identify basic syntax for X++
- Describe the use of common key words in X++
- Describe the features of the debugger
- Use the comparison tool
- Use the best practice checker
Work with X++ control statements
- Work with variables, operators, conditional statements, and loops
- Use built-in functions
- Use communication tools
Work with classes
- Create new classes
- Describe scoping events and parameters
- Describe inheritance
- Identify key best practices when writing X++
Manipulate data with X++
- Identify techniques for data retrieval
- Explain uses for transaction integrity checking
- Insert, update, and delete records using X++
- Identify best practices for manipulating data with X++
Manage exceptions in X++
- Identify exception types
- Use try/catch statements
- Describe the features of optimistic concurrency control
- Describe best practices for exception handling with X++
Manage the User Interface and Security for Developers
Manage the user interface
- Identify components of various form patterns
- Identify common form patterns and sub patterns
- Identify key properties for form elements
- Apply and validate form patterns
- Describe uses for tiles
- Describe how to join data in forms
- Implement best practices for form development
Manage the user navigation
- Identify types of menu items
- Create menu items and menus
- Identify key properties for menu items
- Describe uses for menu items
- Implement best practices for menus and menu items
Manage security in the development environment
- Describe the security architecture
- Describe the components of role-based security
- Create new privileges, duties, and roles in the application explorer
- Describe the extensible data security framework
Develop and extend retail components
Modify retail components
- Describe the components of the Commerce Runtime (CRT) and how to extend the CRT
- Describe the components of the Commerce Data Exchange (CDX) and how to extend the CDX
- Identify components of the retail architecture that can be extended
- Describe how to extend various components of the retail architecture.
Deploy retail modifications
- Describe how to package and deploy retail modifications into a source environment
- Review and apply retail hot fixes
- Create and deploy packages for retail
- Resolve conflicts and rebuild packages
Monitor retail components
- Identify, use and extend diagnostics and monitoring tools for retail components
- Identify, setup, and monitor data distribution and offline databases
- Understand hot, warm, and cold paths for diagnostics and monitoring
- Use events logs, and LCS to monitor and diagnose issues with retail components
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam during the course at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
Exam MB6-894: Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Understand the architecture and development environment (20-25%)
- Develop new elements by using Application Explorer (20-25%)
- Read and Write Basic X++ (20-25%)
- Manage the User Interface and Security for Developers (20-25%)
- Develop and extend retail components (15-20%)
See What's Included...
Included in this course:
- Firebrand custom courseware
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Some exceptions apply.
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Before attending this course, you must have experience working with Visual Studio, and object-oriented programming. You should also have:
A basic understanding of:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail
A moderate understanding of:
- Programming concepts and processes
- Finance and Operations and Retail modifications, enhancements, and new development projects that apply to the different business process scenarios
Are you ready to get certified in record time?
We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.
If you have any doubts as to whether you meet the pre-requisites please call 78 79 16 53 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants, who can help you with a training plan.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
We've currently trained 75.078 students in 12 years. We asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently,
96,79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations:
"Have learned so much on this course, looking forward to putting it all into practice!"
Anonymous (27/6/2016 to 1/7/2016)
"We had a perfect trainer who answered every question we had, and explained more we ever expected. He was available for us at all times for any questions we had outside of regular classes.
I got deep insight into the product which is what I came to the course for.
We got hands-on experience in the labs and excellent explanations of the technical background.
The instructor is highly motivated and speaks with the experience of a senior consultant with many years of experience. The course was never boring despite the long hours and the difficult subject matters.
We got the real thing and no "death by Powerpoint" "
Marco Marzorati, ISS World Services A/S. (30/5/2016 to 4/6/2016)
"You know you are in the right place, when your instructor on the first evening of training, during the intro to the course says, "PowerShell is not for wimps! It is a mans tool!".
10/10 - would Firebrand again :D"
Kasper Kaas Hansen, ALSO A/S. (23/5/2016 to 29/5/2016)
"I learned a lot, this course helped me understand all the fundamentals of web development"
Anonymous (16/5/2016 to 18/5/2016)
"Enjoyed the environment - Firebrand provide correct atmosphere and tools to allow candidate to disconnect from everything and just focus on their studies."
F.A.. (26/5/2016 to 29/5/2016)
Latest Reviews from our students