Firebrand's two-day accelerated course provides comprehensive training and certification for anyone involved in software testing. It follows the syllabus specified by the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB).
Firebrand's accelerated course is designed to prepare you for and test you in the following accreditations:
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
On completion of Firebrand's course you will be able to:
- Manage, plan and prepare rigorous, formal, visible and repeatable tests that will fully exercise software, in the development of quality systems.
- Apply different testing approaches (black box, white box, static and dynamic) to all stages of software development.
- Prepare test plans, strategy, specifications, procedures and controls to provide a structured approach to testing.
- Identify what is involved in acceptance testing, system testing, integration testing and unit testing, what should be tested when and by whom.
- Document testing appropriately.
- Describe the different types of testing tools available and identify and implement the appropriate types of tools for their needs.
Firebrand's training for ISTQB's Foundation Software Testing certification:
- Allows you to achieve your certifications in a fraction of the time of 'traditional training' while delivering industry-leading exam passing percentages.
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system.
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your ISTQB Foundation course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be ISTQB Foundation trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 2-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your ISTQB Foundation course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass ISTQB Foundation first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study ISTQB Foundation with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 74.676 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
During our program the following topics will be presented:
ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing:
Testing Throughout the Lifecycle
- Testing Models
- Testing System Integration, Component and Acceptance
- Testing Maintenance
- Testing Non-functional system
- Testing Functional system
- Reviewing and the testing process
- Benefits and costs of reviews
- Types of review: Walkthroughs, inspections, technical review, informal review
- Static analysis
Test Design Techniques
- Testing Black and White box
- Testing black box techniques including equivalence partitioning, state transition and boundary value analysis
- Testing white box techniques including statements and decisions
- Experienced based techniques
- Choose test techniques
- Project testing plan
- Configuration management
- Estimation testing: Inclusion in project schedule
- Monitor and control
- Track progress and deviations from plan
- Incident management: Tracking, logging and analysis
- Risk and testing
- Types of testing tools
- Testing requirement; Static analysis
- Testing design
- Data preparation
- Test running
- Test harnesses, simulators and drivers
- Performance tests
- Dynamic analysing
- Management testing
- Coverage measurement
- Effective use, benefits and risk
- Introducing tools into an organization
See Exam Track...
After sitting Firebrand's accelerated course, you will be prepared for, and sit the following exam:
The ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (based on the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) syllabus) is taken at the end of the final day. It is a one hour multiple choice exam consisting of 40 questions.
See What's Included...
- Firebrand's own Foundation Software Tester Courseware Kit
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on 78 79 16 53.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Students should already have a basic working knowledge of IT and an understanding of the testing role in software development.
Are you ready to get certified in record time?
We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.
If you have any doubts as to whether you meet the pre-requisites please call 78 79 16 53 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants, who can help you with a training plan.
ISTQB ISTQB Foundation Course Dates
ISTQB - Firebrands kursus i Foundation Software Tester
We've currently trained 74.676 students in 12 years. We asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently,
96,78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations:
"Intense couple of days, but a good way to learn and only focus on the training."
Anonymous (7/3/2016 to 8/3/2016)
"Yet another course done, and again a good experience."
Jorgen Saugmann. (7/3/2016 to 8/3/2016)
"Accelerated learning is not for all but if you thrive in fast paced learning, concentration for hours on end then I can strongly recommend Firebrand ISTQB Foundation"
Cæcilie Morild , Morild Consult. (30/11/2015 to 1/12/2015)
"Excellent training course + training material."
Sharon Green . (7/9/2015 to 8/9/2015)
"Hard work - long hours."
Anonymous (7/9/2015 to 8/9/2015)
Latest Reviews from our students