On this accelerated 6-day CompTIA Security Analytics Professional (CSAP) course, you'll get the knowledge and skills required to troubleshoot security incidents, cyber security legal policies and procedures and how to secure and protect applications and systems within an organisation.
Combining theory and practice from official CompTIA Security+ and CySA+ curricula, your expert instructor will guide you through how to provide infrastructure and operational security through risk analysis and mitigation. You'll learn about the following CompTIA Security+ topics:
- Network Security
- Compliance and Operational Security
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Application, Data and Host Security
- Access Control and Identity Management
You'll build on the security knowledge gained from Security+ and focus on how to configure threat detection tools, perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organisation using the four cyber security domains:
- Threat Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Cyber Incident Response
- Security Architecture and Tool Sets
Immersing you in the course through our unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, you'll get a minimum of 12 hours quality training per day.
Train at twice the speed on this official CompTIA course
Firebrand is an Authorised CompTIA Platinum Partner. This means you'll get access to experienced instructors and up-to-date course material, officially approved by CompTIA.
During the course, you'll prepare for and sit the following CompTIA Security+ and CySA+ exams, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
- Exam SY0-401
- Exam CS1-001
Upon successful completion of all exams, you will achieve the Security+ and CySA+ credentials as well as the aligned CSAP Stackable Certification - proving your skills as a Security Analytics Professional.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your CSAP course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be CSAP trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 6-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your CSAP course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass CSAP first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study CSAP with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 75.346 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
1.0 Network Security
- 1.1 Implement security configuration parameters on network devices and other technologies.
- 1.2 Given a scenario, use secure network administration principles.
- 1.3 Explain network design elements and components.
- 1.4 Given a scenario, implement common protocols and services.
- 1.5 Given a scenario, troubleshoot security issues related to wireless networking.
2.0 Compliance and Operational Security
- 2.1 Explain the importance of risk related concepts.
- 2.2 Summarise the security implications of integrating systems and data with third parties.
- 2.3 Given a scenario, implement appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- 2.4 Given a scenario, implement basic forensic procedures.
- 2.5 Summarise common incident response procedures.
- 2.6 Explain the importance of security related awareness and training.
- 2.7 Compare and contrast physical security and environmental controls.
- 2.8 Summarise risk management best practices.
- 2.9 Given a scenario, select the appropriate control to meet the goals of security.
3.0 Threats and Vulnerabilities
- 3.1 Explain types of malware.
- 3.2 Summarise various types of attacks.
- 3.3 Summarise social engineering attacks and the associated effectiveness with each attack.
- 3.4 Explain types of wireless attacks.
- 3.5 Explain types of application attacks.
- 3.6 Analyse a scenario and select the appropriate type of mitigation and deterrent techniques.
- 3.7 Given a scenario, use appropriate tools and techniques to discover security threats and vulnerabilities.
- 3.8 Explain the proper use of penetration testing versus vulnerability scanning.
4.0 Application, Data and Host Security
- 4.1 Explain the importance of application security controls and techniques.
- 4.2 Summarise mobile security concepts and technologies.
- 4.3 Given a scenario, select the appropriate solution to establish host security.
- 4.4 Implement the appropriate controls to ensure data security.
- 4.5 Compare and contrast alternative methods to mitigate security risks in static environments.
5.0 Access Control and Identity Management
- 5.1 Compare and contrast the function and purpose of authentication services.
- 5.2 Given a scenario, select the appropriate authentication, authorisation or access control.
- 5.3 Install and configure security controls when performing account management, based on best practices.
- 6.1 Given a scenario, utilise general cryptography concepts.
- 6.2 Given a scenario, use appropriate cryptographic methods.
- 6.3 Given a scenario, use appropriate PKI, certificate management and associated components.
1. Threat Management
- Given a scenario, apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools and processes.
- Given a scenario, analyse the results of a network reconnaissance.
- Given a network-based threat, implement or recommend the appropriate response and countermeasure.
- Explain the purpose of practices used to secure a corporate environment.
2. Vulnerability Management
- Given a scenario, implement an information security vulnerability management process.
- Given a scenario, analyse the output resulting from a vulnerability scan.
- Compare and contrast common vulnerabilities found in the following targets
3. Cyber Incident Response
- Given a scenario, distinguish threat data or behaviour to determine the impact of an incident
- Given a scenario, prepare a toolkit and use appropriate forensics tools during an investigation.
- Explain the importance of communication during the incident response process.
- Given a scenario, analyse common symptoms to select the best course of action to support incident response.
- Summarise the incident recovery and post-incident response process.
4. Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Explain the relationship between frameworks, common policies, controls, and procedures.
- Given a scenario, use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management.
- Given a scenario, review security architecture and make recommendations to implement compensating controls.
- Given a scenario, use application security best practices while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Compare and contrast the general purpose and reasons for using various cybersecurity tools and technologies.
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exams at the Firebrand Training Centre during the course, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-401
- Number of questions: Maximum of 90 questions
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions, drag and drops and performance-based
- Exam duration: 90 Minutes
- Passing score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Languages: English, Japanese, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese
- CompTIA CySA+ Exam CS1-001
- Number of questions: Maximum of 85 questions
- Type of questions: Multiple choice and performance based
- Exam duration: 165 Minutes
- Passing score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Languages: English
See What's Included...
In addition to official course material and exams at the Firebrand Training Centre, you'll receive:
- Comprehensive course materials
- CompTIA official exams
- Professor Messer - CompTIA SY0-501 Security+ Course Notes
- Firebrand Value Add material
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests*
- Certification Guarantee**
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Some exceptions apply
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Before attending the course, it is recommended that you have:
- Previously attended the CompTIA A+ and/or CompTIA Network+ course
- Two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus
- An understanding of operating systems and knowledge of Windows-based systems such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
- The ability to identify basic network components and their roles, including routers, switches, firewalls and server roles. Some firewall configuration experience would be beneficial
- A basic understanding of Wireless networks
- A basic understanding of the OSI Model and TCP/IP including IPv4 subnetting
Are you ready to get certified in record time?
We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.
If you have any doubts as to whether you meet the pre-requisites please call 78 79 16 53 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants, who can help you with a training plan.
CompTIA CSAP Course Dates
We've currently trained 75.346 students in 12 years. We asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently,
96,78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations:
"Was good , especially for people who need to find a foundation in IT"
Damian Roberts, SBL. (20/2/2020 to 23/2/2020)
"I enjoyed my experience however, it was full on."
Patrick Reilly, Isle Of Man Gov. (20/2/2020 to 23/2/2020)
"The training was presented well by the instructor. I like the way the instructor went into detail into some of the topics but didn''t over complicate the information. I like the way he showed us how we can implement real world situations.
Jack Williams, Gamma. (17/2/2020 to 19/2/2020)
"The training was well structured and it had a lot of practical work that we was able to get involved with. "
Nathan Rushton, Gamma. (17/2/2020 to 19/2/2020)
"Loved the training had a great time."
Shaunesh Thaker, Lockheed Martin. (10/2/2020 to 12/2/2020)
Latest Reviews from our students