On this accelerated 6-day CompTIA Network Vulnerability Assessment Professional (CNVP) course, you'll get the knowledge and skills required to identify, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities on a network and how to troubleshoot security incidents within an organisation.
Combining theory and practice from official CompTIA Security+ and PenTest+ curricula, your expert instructor will guide you through how to provide infrastructure and operational security through risk analysis and mitigation. You'll learn about the following CompTIA Security+ topics:
- Network Security
- Compliance and Operational Security
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Application, Data and Host Security
- Access Control and Identity Management
You'll build on the security knowledge gained from Security+ and learn up-to-date penetration testing skills to determine how resilient a network is to attacks.
On accelerated PenTest+ course, you'll also learn how to:
- customise assessment frameworks
- report penetration test findings
- communicate recommended strategies
Immersing you in the course through our unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, you'll get a minimum of 12 hours quality training per day.
Train at twice the speed on this official CompTIA course
Firebrand is an Authorised CompTIA Platinum Partner. This means you'll get access to experienced instructors and up-to-date course material, officially approved by CompTIA.
During the course, you'll prepare for and sit the following CompTIA Security+ and PenTest+exams, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
- Exam SY0-501
- Exam PT0-001
Upon successful completion of all exams, you will achieve the Security+ and PenTest+ credentials as well as the aligned CNVP Stackable Certification - proving your skills as a Security Analytics Professional.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your CNVP course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be CNVP trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 6-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your CNVP course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass CNVP first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study CNVP with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 75.348 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
1.0 Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
- 1.1 Given a scenario, analyse indicators of compromise
and determine the type of malware.
- 1.2 Compare and contrast types of attacks.
- 1.3 Explain threat actor types and attributes.
- 1.4 Explain penetration testing concepts.
- 1.5 Explain vulnerability scanning concepts.
- 1.6 Explain the impact associated with types of vulnerabilities.
2.0 Technologies and Tools
- 2.1 Install and configure network components, both hardwareand
software-based, to support organisational security.
- 2.2 Given a scenario, use appropriate software tools
to assess the security posture of an organisation.
- 2.3 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common security issues.
- 2.4 Given a scenario, analyse and interpret output from security technologies.
- 2.5 Given a scenario, deploy mobile devices securely.
- 2.6 Given a scenario, implement secure protocols.
3.0 Architecture and Design
- 3.1 Explain use cases and purpose for frameworks, best
practices and secure configuration guides.
- 3.2 Given a scenario, implement secure network architecture concepts.
- 3.3 Given a scenario, implement secure systems design.
- 3.4 Explain the importance of secure staging deployment concepts.
- 3.5 Explain the security implications of embedded systems.
- 3.6 Summarise secure application development and deployment concepts.
- 3.7 Summarise cloud and virtualisation concepts.
- 3.8 Explain how resiliency and automation strategies reduce risk.
- 3.9 Explain the importance of physical security controls.
4.0 Identity and Access Management
- 4.1 Compare and contrast identity and access management concepts.
- 4.2 Given a scenario, install and configure identity and access services.
- 4.3 Given a scenario, implement identity and access management controls.
- 4.4 Given a scenario, differentiate common account management practices.
5.0 Risk Management
- 5.1 Explain the importance of policies, plans and
procedures related to organisational security.
- 5.2 Summarise business impact analysis concepts.
- 5.3 Explain risk management processes and concepts.
- 5.4 Given a scenario, follow incident response procedures.
- 5.5 Summarise basic concepts of forensics.
- 5.6 Explain disaster recovery and continuity of operation concepts.
- 5.7 Compare and contrast various types of controls.
- 5.8 Given a scenario, carry out data security and privacy practices.
6.0 Cryptography and PKI
- 6.1 Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography.
- 6.2 Explain cryptography algorithms and their basic characteristics.
- 6.3 Given a scenario, install and configure wireless security settings.
- 6.4 Given a scenario, implement public key infrastructure.
1. Planning and Scoping
- Explain the importance of planning for an engagement
- Explain key legal concepts.
- Explain the importance of scoping an engagement properly.
- Explain the key aspects of compliance-based assessments.
2. Information Gathering and Vulnerability Identification
- Given a scenario, conduct information gathering using appropriate techniques
- Given a scenario, perform a vulnerability scan.
- Given a scenario, analyse vulnerability scan results
- Explain the process of leveraging information to prepare for exploitation.
- Explain weaknesses related to specialised systems
3. Attacks and Exploits
- Compare and contrast social engineering attacks
- Given a scenario, exploit network-based vulnerabilities
- Given a scenario, exploit wireless and RF-based vulnerabilities
- Given a scenario, exploit application-based vulnerabilities
- Given a scenario, exploit local host vulnerabilities
- Summarise physical security attacks related to facilities
- Given a scenario, perform post-exploitation techniques
4. Penetration Testing Tools
- Given a scenario, use Nmap to conduct information gathering exercises
- Compare and contrast various use cases of tools
- Given a scenario, analyse tool output or data related to a penetration test
- Given a scenario, analyse a basic script (limited to Bash, Python, Ruby, and PowerShell)
5. Reporting and Communication
- Given a scenario, use report writing and handling best practices
- Explain post-report delivery activities
- Given a scenario, recommend mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
- Explain the importance of communication during the penetration testing process
See Exam Track...
You‚ll sit the following exams at the Firebrand Training Centre during the course, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-501
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Passing score: 750, graded on a scale of 100 - 900
- Exam format: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Languages: English, Japanese, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese
- CompTIA PenTest+ Exam PT1-001
- Number of questions: Maximum of 110 questions
- Type of questions: Multiple choice and performance based
- Exam duration: 165 Minutes
- Languages: English
See What's Included...
In addition to official course material and exams at the Firebrand Training Centre during your course, you'll receive:
- Professor Messer - CompTIA SY0-501 Security+ Course Notes
- Firebrand Value Add material
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests*
- Certification Guarantee**
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Some exceptions apply
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Before attending the course, it is recommended that you have:
- previously attended the CompTIA A+ and/or CompTIA Network+ course
- two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus
- an understanding of operating systems and knowledge of Windows-based systems such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
- the ability to identify basic network components and their roles, including routers, switches, firewalls and server roles. Some firewall configuration experience would be beneficial
- a basic understanding of Wireless networks
- a basic understanding of the OSI Model and TCP/IP including IPv4 subnetting
Although not compulsory, this level of knowledge and expertise will place you in a strong position to be successful on the course.
Are you ready to get certified in record time?
We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.
If you have any doubts as to whether you meet the pre-requisites please call 78 79 16 53 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants, who can help you with a training plan.
CompTIA CNVP Course Dates
We've currently trained 75.348 students in 12 years. We asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently,
96,78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations:
"Was good , especially for people who need to find a foundation in IT"
Damian Roberts, SBL. (20/2/2020 to 23/2/2020)
"I enjoyed my experience however, it was full on."
Patrick Reilly, Isle Of Man Gov. (20/2/2020 to 23/2/2020)
"The training was presented well by the instructor. I like the way the instructor went into detail into some of the topics but didn''t over complicate the information. I like the way he showed us how we can implement real world situations.
Jack Williams, Gamma. (17/2/2020 to 19/2/2020)
"The training was well structured and it had a lot of practical work that we was able to get involved with. "
Nathan Rushton, Gamma. (17/2/2020 to 19/2/2020)
"Loved the training had a great time."
Shaunesh Thaker, Lockheed Martin. (10/2/2020 to 12/2/2020)
Latest Reviews from our students