Learn how to create, manipulate and administer a database on this Microsoft MTA Database Fundamentals course. You’ll learn the basics of relational databases, data security concepts and how to implement T-SQL.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand Core Database Concepts
- Create Database Objects
- Manipulate Data
- Understand Data Storage
- Administer a Database
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 2-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 75589 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Module 1: Understanding Core Database Concepts
- Understand how data is stored in tables
- Understand what a relational database is, the need for relational database management systems (RDBMS), and how relations are established
- Work with the data manipulation language (DML)
- Study data definition language (DDL)
- Utilise T-SQL to create database objects, such as tables and views
Module 2: Creating Database Objects
- Learn what data types are, why they are important and how they affect storage requirements
- Understand and create tables
- How to create and use views by using T-SQL or a graphical designer
- Create stored procedures and functions
Module 3: Manipulating Data
- Utilise SELECT queries to extract data from one table, extract data by using joins, combine result sets by using UNION and INTERSECT
- Understand how data is inserted into a database, how to use INSERT statements
- Update data in a database and learn how to write the updated data to the database by using the appropriate UPDATE statements, update by using a table
- Delete data from single or multiple tables, ensure data and referential integrity by using transactions
Module 4: Understanding Data Storage
- Understand the reasons for normalisation, the five most common levels of normalisation, how to normalise a database to third normal form
- Choose appropriate primary keys, select appropriate data type for keys, select appropriate fields for composite keys and understand the relationship between foreign and primary keys
- Learn the purpose of clustered and non-clustered indexes in a database
Module 5: Administering a Database
- Learn database security concepts
- How to secure a database: what objects can be secured, what objects should be secured, user accounts and roles
- How to implement various backup types, such as full and incremental
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your certification guarantee:
- Microsoft Exam 98-364: Database Fundamentals
See What's Included...
Microsoft Official Courseware:
- MOC 40364: Database Administration Fundamentals
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are no prerequisites for this entry-level course.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - MTA Database Fundamentals
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75589 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"They do a great job. A real great job."
Michael Perry, SquareEnix. (18.11.2019 to 19.11.2019)
"High quality training in a comfortable environment."
A.H.. (18.11.2019 to 19.11.2019)
"Facilities were very good,accommadation was excellent."
John White, JDE. (13.3.2019 to 14.3.2019)
"Trainer was knowledgeable, course generally useful. Would recommend."
J.S.. (13.3.2019 to 14.3.2019)
"Course was very well taught."
Lewis Clark, UBS. (13.3.2019 to 14.3.2019)
Latest Reviews from our students