Learn how to create, manipulate and administer a database on this Microsoft MTA Database Fundamentals course. You’ll learn the basics of relational databases, data security concepts and how to implement T-SQL.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand Core Database Concepts
- Create Database Objects
- Manipulate Data
- Understand Data Storage
- Administer a Database
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your MTA Database Fundamentals course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be MTA Database Fundamentals certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be MTA Database Fundamentals trained in record time
- Our MTA Database Fundamentals course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass MTA Database Fundamentals first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more MTA Database Fundamentals. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn MTA Database Fundamentals faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying MTA Database Fundamentals with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,371 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study MTA Database Fundamentals courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a certification guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation and exams on your return). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Module 1: Understanding Core Database Concepts
- Understand how data is stored in tables
- Understand what a relational database is, the need for relational database management systems (RDBMS), and how relations are established
- Work with the data manipulation language (DML)
- Study data definition language (DDL)
- Utilise T-SQL to create database objects, such as tables and views
Module 2: Creating Database Objects
- Learn what data types are, why they are important and how they affect storage requirements
- Understand and create tables
- How to create and use views by using T-SQL or a graphical designer
- Create stored procedures and functions
Module 3: Manipulating Data
- Utilise SELECT queries to extract data from one table, extract data by using joins, combine result sets by using UNION and INTERSECT
- Understand how data is inserted into a database, how to use INSERT statements
- Update data in a database and learn how to write the updated data to the database by using the appropriate UPDATE statements, update by using a table
- Delete data from single or multiple tables, ensure data and referential integrity by using transactions
Module 4: Understanding Data Storage
- Understand the reasons for normalisation, the five most common levels of normalisation, how to normalise a database to third normal form
- Choose appropriate primary keys, select appropriate data type for keys, select appropriate fields for composite keys and understand the relationship between foreign and primary keys
- Learn the purpose of clustered and non-clustered indexes in a database
Module 5: Administering a Database
- Learn database security concepts
- How to secure a database: what objects can be secured, what objects should be secured, user accounts and roles
- How to implement various backup types, such as full and incremental
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your certification guarantee:
- Microsoft Exam 98-364: Database Fundamentals
See What's Included...
Microsoft Official Courseware:
- MOC 40364: Database Administration Fundamentals
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Certification Programs includes
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- Near site testing, Transportation to/from Testing Center are provided ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Examination Passing Policy
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: PMP, CAPM and CISSP CBK Review
- *** Not included in our PMP, CAPM, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, (ISC)2 or ITIL Managers and Revision Certifications
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
There are no prerequisites for this entry-level course.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft MTA Database Fundamentals Course Dates
Microsoft - MTA Database Fundamentals
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,371 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"They do a great job. A real great job."
Michael Perry, SquareEnix. (18/11/2019 to 19/11/2019)
"High quality training in a comfortable environment."
A.H.. (18/11/2019 to 19/11/2019)
"Facilities were very good,accommadation was excellent."
John White, JDE. (13/3/2019 to 14/3/2019)
"Trainer was knowledgeable, course generally useful. Would recommend."
J.S.. (13/3/2019 to 14/3/2019)
"Course was very well taught."
Lewis Clark, UBS. (13/3/2019 to 14/3/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students