Firebrand’s accelerated 5 day course for ISTQB’s Foundation & Advanced Test Manager certification will teach you the fundamentals in software testing. You’ll be introduced to the different tests in the Software Development Lifecycle, test design techniques and the different types of software testing tools.
Once you are familiar with software testing basics, Firebrand’s course will move onto learning management skills in areas like:
- Defect management
- Test team dynamics
- Fitting testing within an organisation
- Business value of testing
Firebrand’s unique accelerated, combined course teaches you the solid foundations of software testing, before giving you the skills to manage your own team in the software testing field. This course is ideal if you’re a manager looking to move into the software testing area. It’s also great if you have a basic knowledge of software testing and are looking to move into a middle management role.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your ISTQB course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be ISTQB certified in just 5 days. With us, you’ll be ISTQB trained in record time
- Our ISTQB course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass ISTQB first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more ISTQB. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn ISTQB faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying ISTQB with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 72,589 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study ISTQB courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a certification guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation and exams on your return). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Module One – Foundation Certificate
Testing Throughout the Lifecycle
- Models for tests
- Component, Acceptance testing and System Integration
- Maintenance tests
- Non-functional system tests
- Functional system tests
- Reviewing and the testing processes
- Benefits and costs of reviews
- Types of reviews: Walkthrough, technical review, informal reviews and inspections
- Static analysing
Test Design Techniques
- Black and White box tests
- Black box testing techniques including equivalence partitioning, state transition and boundary value analysis tests
- White box testing techniques including decision and statement tests
- Experience-based techniques
- Choosing test techniques
- Project testing plans
- Configuring management
- Estimation Testing: Inclusion in project schedule
- Monitoring and control
- Track progress and deviations from plan
- Incident management: Analysis, tracking and logging
- Risk and testing
- Types of testing tools
- Requirement tests; Static analysing
- Testing design
- Data preparation
- Test running
- Test harnesses, drivers and simulators
- Performance testing
- Dynamic analysing
- Management testing
- Coverage measurement
- Effective use, benefits and risk
- Introducing tools into an organization
Module Two – Advanced Certificate
Basic Aspects of Software Tests
- Tests in the Software Lifecycle
- Specific Systems
- Metrics & Measurements
- Testing, planning & control
- Test implementation & execution
- Evaluate exit criteria & reporting
- Testing Closure Activities
- How to test Management Documentation
- Testing Plan Documentation
- Testing Estimation
- Scheduling Test Planning
- How to test Progress Monitoring & Control
- The Business value of Testing
- Testing of Distributed, Outsourced & Insourced
- How to do Risks-Based Testing
- The Failure Mode & Effects Analysis
- Testing Management issues
Testing of Software Characteristics
- Principles of Reviews
- Introduction of Reviews
- Success Factors of Reviews
Standards & Test Improvement Process
- Improving the Test Processes
Test Tools & Automation
- Concepts of Testing Tools
- Category Test Tools
People Skills – Team Composition
- Testing Team Dynamics
- Fitting and Testing within an Organization
See Exam Track...
During Firebrand's course we prepare you for, and test you in the following exams:
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate
- ISTQB Advanced Certificate (Test Manager)
See What's Included...
- Firebrand's own Foundation & Advanced Test Manager Courseware Kits
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Certification Programs includes
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- Near site testing, Transportation to/from Testing Center are provided ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Examination Passing Policy
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: PMP, CAPM and CISSP CBK Review
- *** Not included in our PMP, CAPM, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, (ISC)2 or ITIL Managers and Revision Certifications
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
Prior to attending the Advanced level, you must hold the Foundation level certificate. It is also recommend that you have three years' experience working in a software testing environment, before taking the Advanced certificate.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on +971 4 3199019 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
ISTQB ISTQB Course Dates
ISTQB - Firebrand's Training for ISTQB's Foundation & Advanced Test Manager Certification
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 72,589 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Firebrand makes sure you have what you need to succeed and works hard to make sure all issues that may pop up are dealt with quickly and satisfactorily."
Joseph Naber. (20/5/2019 to 24/5/2019)
"Instructor is industry/subject professional expert, as well as an excellent instructor."
Ziaur Rahman, Royal British Legion. (31/10/2016 to 4/11/2016)
"The instructor was first class and he has prepared me well for the exams. Firebrand have made me feel welcome and comfortable within an intense study environment."
Thomas Mawdsley, Clever Adviser. (25/4/2016 to 29/4/2016)
"Not for the feint hearted but learnt a lot in a week."
Matthew Walker , PA Consulting. (7/9/2015 to 11/9/2015)
"Intesive but accurate teaching method"
Anonymous (7/9/2015 to 11/9/2015)
Latest ISTQB Reviews from our students
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!